Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
I bought my sedan there only because their price was the lowest and I wanted a certified car. The first trip was terrible, and I was on my way to pick up my deposit that I'd left because I wasn't willing to deal with them.

·
Johnnylakis
101 Posts
I bought and service my car at Bay Ridge Honda in Brooklyn. There service hours are M-F 7:30AM-Midnight (yes midnight!) The R train goes there.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Paraagon in The News!

Would'nt you know it.
First Consumer To Get "Cash For Clunkers" In New York City Could Be The First In The Country To Take Advantage Of The Government Funded $4500 Rebates For Consumers Buying New, More Fuel Efficient Cars
Source: PRNewswire
Publication date: 7/15/2009 12:52:57 PM
NEW YORK, July 15 /PRNewswire/ -- One of the first consumers to get Cash for their clunker in The United States bought a new Honda Odyssey from www.ParagonCars.com, one of a handful of dealers who are helping consumers take advantage of the government program before all the rules have been announced. The federal stimulus program, which provides up to $4,500 to car owners who trade in their old "clunker" for a new, more fuel efficient alternative, was signed into law by President Obama. According to the law, consumers qualify for the program starting July 1st through November 1st, but the rules of the program are still being worked out by the NHTSA and will be announced at the end of July.

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090715/NY46916 )

The U.S. Department of Transportation issued a warning to tell dealers not to sell cars before the 23rd because "dealers structuring transactions before the final rule is issued will bear the risks associated with later demonstrating that the transaction meets all of the specifications of the final rule." Paragon announced at the end of June that it decided to help consumers take advantage of the program starting July 1(st) when the law is in effect. "When consumers in New York heard about the program, they wanted to participate on July 1st because the law says they can, so we wanted to make it easy for them," said Brian Benstock of www.ParagonCars.com. "We are willing to take the risk to satisfy consumers who otherwise would be upset that they could not participate when the law states."

The first consumer in New York to benefit from www.ParagonCars.com's program traded in their Nissan clunker to get a new Honda with the help of the trade allowance provided by the dealership. The first known customer to benefit from the program was a Woodhaven, New York resident, Christopher Chosam, who exchanged his rusted 1998 Nissan Pathfinder SUV (value of $400) for a brand new Honda Odyssey minivan with the help of the $3500 rebate. The clunker had no air conditioning and was in need of over $2,000 in maintenance just to keep it on the road. The old Nissan costs more to run than the new van because of its repair costs and gas bills according to Chosam. The new Honda will costs thousands less to fuel because it gets 22mpg compared to the Nissan Pathfinder which only got 14mpg. "I've been driving it for a week, and I still have a half a tank of gas," Chosam said. "The old car, I would have filled it up already." "This is our first customer, but we don't know for sure that they are the first customer in the country to take advantage of the program," said Brian Benstock. The program ends when the $1 billion budget expires, which is after approximately 250,000 rebates are issued. This process gives consumers assurance that they will get their paperwork ready for the government funded rebate before the 23rd so they can get the rebate before the money runs out, which could be only a matter of weeks since over a million cars have been sold during good months in the car business.

·
06 accord V6 LX
77 Posts
Do not worry they know how to make up the $ 4500 most of the time they screw people either with high rates, Warranty, or add ons they very deceiving I wish i could find a good service department around the NYC area but it seems to be an impossible quest

·
Search.
1,239 Posts
Do not worry they know how to make up the $ 4500 most of the time they screw people either with high rates, Warranty, or add ons they very deceiving I wish i could find a good service department around the NYC area but it seems to be an impossible quest
Same here... I made an appointment with the paragon honda service department at 9. I arrived there around that time. They told me that I had give them my car and have me wait three hours BEFORE they come and even check my car. It might take an even longer time to check the o2 sensors for my check engine light because they have their "special guys" do it. I just left. I only have 6000 miles on my car. I HATE paragon.

The first time I went to them was the day after I got my car. I went at 7 something in the morning. They said it'll take 3 hours. So, without my car I had to go to nearby shopping centers. I called back 3-4 hours later and they said they didn't even have the paperwork for my car. I definitely spoke to someone about my car and they wrote down what I had to do. So I went in and yelled at them and they had to keep the car in overnight. I was so pissed off. They also left 3 new scratches after the removed one. WTF.

I can't find any good dealer service centers!

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Search.
1,239 Posts
My bad... I meant service centers near NYC. Huntington Honda is an hour away away. They treat Driveaccord members really well. :thmsup:

·
06 accord V6 LX
77 Posts
Does Huntington Honda have Saturday Service and who to contact at the service depmt waht is the address of it hell i drive an hour if the service is good
thanks for the replys

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Does Huntington Honda have Saturday Service and who to contact at the service depmt waht is the address of it hell i drive an hour if the service is good
thanks for the replys
Huntington Honda
1055 E. Jericho Turnpike
Huntington, New York 11743
(888) 523-4222

Yes they have Saturday hours for basic service. :yes: Call during the week to schedule and speak with Bob Castro the service manager. Tell him you are a DA member and you saw the post by Keith Sills. (me) :naughty:

We are awaiting the date of their next sponsored meet, the last one was super! :thmsup:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Wow... I just bought my 06 Accord EXL v6 sedan there!!! The certified used lot didnt seem too bad.

With only 20,000 miles, how much should they be asking for a car like this?

·
Search.
1,239 Posts
~16,000 according to KBB. How much did they charge you for financing? warranty? did they make you get a lojack?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
~16,000 according to KBB. How much did they charge you for financing? warranty? did they make you get a lojack?
I just checked Kbb and I got $19,xxx!? You gotta click retail value, that represents the dealers price.

As far as the Paragon deal, I got the car for the internet price of $15900, and with taxes and dmv, the overall out the door price was $17,588. The warranty is: powertrain/drivetrain, 7yr/100,000 miles from manufacture date; the bumper to bumper is one year from date of purchase.

We arent financing so the interest and payments is not an issue... And there was no talk of lojack.

There was a chip in the windshield and they replaced the windshield today, and they are having it go through the 151 point inspection tomorrow to get it certified. They said I will have everything they checked and/or replaced in writing, and they are faxing me the carfax in a few minutes from now. The car only has 20,000 miles.

·
Search.
1,239 Posts
From what I read online, their internet price is usually a bait and switch... But it sounds like you had a good experience... keep us updated!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
From what I read online, their internet price is usually a bait and switch... But it sounds like you had a good experience... keep us updated!
What exactly have you heard about their internet prices? It seemed quite easy to work this thing out for this car.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Update

I just recieved the Autocheck report via fax from the dealer. Came up clean. Just to be sure, I spent the $33 for a carfax and the car came back clean!

One owner, average of 6,2xx miles a year, and no problems whatsoever! For $17,588 total, I must say, I am happy about this deal!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Holy shit!! I dealt directly with the sales manager Abdul, and there was none of what was reported with those complaints! The car seems sound and we already left a hefty deposit on it. I still feel good about the deal... I mean its certified so its not like if anything goes wrong, they can NOT honor the warranty... I will just take it to another dealer for any service.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
so basically most of the complaints were about customer service and not the reliability and quality of the cars right?

·
Search.
1,239 Posts
"Bought a new Honda Accord Coupe 1/2/09. Pleasant people for awhile. Since then, regularly got calls. "Everything okay?". I figured it was just talk. Because today my battery died. For nothing. I had sat in the car for 20 minutes with the radio on. Spoke with Suraj (salesman), Fabio (his supervisor), and Sasha (manager). Suraj promised to help. Never called back. Fabio? Hot air. Sasha blamed it on the cold, and thanked me for calling. Please. The car's two weeks old. I'm from WI and it just ain't that cold.

There's no reason to use these [violative content deleted] individuals to get a new/used Honda. I regret not going out of the city"

"Hi,

I went there to buy a Certified used Honda Accord and found the following issues:

1. Certified honda accords were abused - The seats had holes ! ! ! The vehicle is in a bad condition.

2. They just keep saying yes to everything you ask - I had enquired if the battery and wipers were replaced and they said yes. When I asked them for the receipt or some kind of proof, the sales guy had nothing.

3. I asked them if they provided an extended non-powertrain warranty to which the sales person said no. As per my understanding Honda certified cars come with a 12 month/12000 miles non-power train warranty.

4. The sales guy was very very rude. Although, he showed us the car and gave us for test drive, he was not letting you check the car completely. The way he was talking made us realize that we were at a local used dealer shop and not a Honda showroom.

I would rate this dealer as very poor. Although, I had read the reviews before I went, I ended with a similar experience that many people have faced out here. I will not recommend this dealer."

Read this lengthy review:

http://www.edmunds.com/dealerships/NewYork/Woodside/ParagonHonda/fullsales.63906.oldNew.html

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Well I already read the two that you quoted but the one you linked at the end sounds like a horror!!!

The thing about the story in that link is, it was obviously just a used car on the lot.

My car actually had a cracked windshield that they replaced earlier yesterday when they said it would get done today... Maybe its under new management or something.

"Mine" is certified pre-owned so its not really the same thing. Anything wrong with the car HAS to get fixed on Honda's dollar...... Right?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts