Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're both Obsidian Blue Pearl 9th generation Accords. The first is an LX the second is a Hybrid Touring. I know the Hybrid has bigger, different wheels, a shark fin antenna and a small trunk spoiler. But that's all I can think of. The cars look very different to me. Am I missing something? Is it just the photography?

LX

Hybrid Touring

·
Registered
73 Posts
The hybrid has slightly different headlights, though not very noticeable in the pictures. I think they look very similar, but I do think the difference you're seeing is in the photography and lighting. The top picture is more how you would see the car from your eyes, while the bottom uses more so of a telephoto lens, which shows the car in its more accurate proportions/what you would see in blueprints of the car.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rear quarter panel looks fatter, more rounded. Maybe if they were at the exact angle and everything else was the same. These aren't the only pictures I've seen. I've seen others, they were just the best quick representation I could find.

·
Registered
492 Posts
gloss black trim B pillars and color keyed mirrors w/turn indicators.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
All of the above plus a badge on the front fender that probably says hybrid.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
The lower picture is taken in a way that accentuates the upper and lower side character lines. This makes the car look "stronger" like a square jaw line on a person.

Also the upper pic is taken with a background that the body outline gets lost in.

Jay

·
Premium Member
968 Posts

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
The difference is mostly in the photography.

The upper one is a snapshot with probably with a point and shoot and no post-processing.

The second is a professional photograph, taken under optimal lighting for the best effect and I would presume, significant post-processing.

There are differences in the two cars, to be sure, but comparing these images for an accurate comparison is futile.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Top picture has buttload of glare on the top half and windows which makes my brain make the whole object seem top heavy. Then they angled it which makes it seem shorter. The bottom pic is pretty much perfect except with a touch too much color saturation (in my amateur opinion)

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
The background can make all the difference in the world.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Wow, I just saw two cars with a slight difference mostly because of the different angle the pictures were taken at. Well I did notice the background difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts