Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title states; how come there's no option to lock the glovebox on the '14 lx?

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
You'd think it would be cheaper for Honda to manufacture one glove box door for all sedans vs. one without a lock for LX/Sport, and one with a lock for other models.

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
LX

Least

Expensive...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LX

Least

Expensive...
I know, but that's just an insult. I guess it's just par for the course in the world we're living in today.
My girlfriend has a 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. When she was deciding which trim to get, she told me that the base Altima (in 2011) had no radio whatsoever...equally insane.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I know, but that's just an insult. I guess it's just par for the course in the world we're living in today.
My girlfriend has a 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. When she was deciding which trim to get, she told me that the base Altima (in 2011) had no radio whatsoever...equally insane.
Not insulting at all. If it were that important, you would have checked before you bought that trim level. ;)

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Perhaps the base Versa did not have a radio. I pretty sure in 2011 the Base Altima had a radio.

Jay

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
I'd rather have a light in the glovebox than a lock on it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
What a joke. To increase profits and maximize cost savings they are starting to eliminate features that should be standard on even the lowest trim level cars. The LX must be the new DX? And the new EX 4 cylinder is the equivalent of the old LX? I bet the bottom level DX's from the 90s and 2000s have glove box locks. Maybe the next gen Accord will delete the AC and rear seats from the LX to save money too. I have loved Honda in the past for their reliability and longevity, but I've decided that my 2005 EX will be my last Honda, their quality and interior detail is no longer exceptional.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
As mentioned in other posts just check out the non existent door sill trim and the paper thin floor mats in all trim levels. All in all though I really enjoy my new Honda.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I wasn't insulting you. If it's insulting you shouldn't have bought that trim...

No glove box lock on LX?!? Un---king believable IMO! Honda's becoming a joke.

To increase profits and maximize cost savings they are starting to eliminate features that should be standard on even the lowest trim level cars. The LX must be the new DX? And the new EX 4 cylinder is the equivalent of the old LX? I bet the bottom level DX's from the 90s and 2000s have glove box locks. Maybe the next gen Accord will delete the AC and rear seats from the LX to save money too.

I have loved Honda in the past for their reliability and longevity, but I've decided that my 2005 EX will be my last Honda, their quality and interior detail is no longer exceptional.
I beg to differ....

·
Banned
47 Posts
False. Both can be equally as bad. My glovebox light stays On even when noone wants to open the glovebox and you can see the dumb light on thru the crack of the closed glovebox and you can feel your battery draining unnecessarily. Then you take it to the dealer under warranty to fix the misaligned glovebox syndrome and they cant fix it despite your best efforts and repeated efforts at that cause guess why, it would cost them too much to replace the entire glovebox. Fun times at Honda High. :banana:

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Perhaps the base Versa did not have a radio. I pretty sure in 2011 the Base Altima had a radio.

Jay
Nope. The base Altima has to be ordered from the factory, it did not have a radio nor AC or keyless start. The base Versa also didn't have those things.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not insulting at all. If it were that important, you would have checked before you bought that trim level. ;)
Ur cute with the wink face. The cheapest cars on the market have a lock on the glove. That's like saying I should check the back seat windows to make sure they're powered like the front. People, these are Hondas. Hondas. Do I need to say it a 3rd time. I feel bad for some of the people in this forum...they have a mid to upper level trim accord and they stick they're noses up, ;)

Jay
Nope. I'm positive it did not. I was present at the dealership as they told that to my gf and I.

Don't even try to tell me that you would check for a glove box to have a lock on it or not. Smh

·
Crosseyed and Gearless
298 Posts
LX

Least

Expensive...
doubt it's a cost issue as much as a marketing upgrade incentive, manufacturers will leave out things that don't really cost much so people pick the next higher trim to get the little extras they don't really need but want. for me though a lock on the glove box is a very false sense of security, easily defeated by anyone able to defeat your LOCKED car in the first place! about all a glove box lock is good for is keeping your kids from getting to your stash...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pilm, I def agree with all of that. Although I would like the lock for when you have to valet your car. (Which you have to do a bunch of places in LA)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ur cute with the wink face. The cheapest cars on the market have a lock on the glove. That's like saying I should check the back seat windows to make sure they're powered like the front. People, these are Hondas. Hondas. Do I need to say it a 3rd time. I feel bad for some of the people in this forum...they have a mid to upper level trim accord and they stick they're noses up, ;)
The Exl's are damn nice Hondas and the V6 is ridiculously fast for the segment. Comparing a i4 with cloth and no features to the loaded coupe with a v6, it isn't even the same vehicle. People all over compare them to much more expensive cars. I have nearly ten thousand miles on mine and its blown many cars I have driven out of the water. In terms of value the car is insane. To mention the speed my car will and does beat V6 Mustangs and Camaros. I took mine out to the local quarter mile and ran a 13.95. I would even say with a little modding these could hang with Gt and SS models. At the same time having great fuel economy(autoV6) especially highway is even better than the i4 in certain conditions. The interior destroys every car in its class and even competes with the A4, C300, and entry level 3 series bmws. I have driven or sat in all of them. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Me too, any screw driver will render the lock moot. Same for the gas door with it's plastic pin in a plastic receiver.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts