Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· 2020 best year
4,410 Posts
The way I see it, the additional cost of dual exhaust and 19" wheels have to get cut somewhere.

Accord Sports is mostly a marketing scheme. I have a lot of trouble saying CVT Sport with a straight face.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

Reactions: PGHDevin and Merc6

· Registered
1,860 Posts
Honda wants you to move to Canada to get the features and color combos you want. Their Sport model comes with everything most US Sport buyers want but can't have (unless they buy a Touring, of course).

All the US Sport really needs are the premium audio (with Android Auto/CarPlay), smart key access, and LED headlights. It'd cost about $2000 more than the current Sport, but it would have the features most Sport buyers want while still being much cheaper than the Touring. IMO, THAT should've been the Sport SE, not a Sport with a leather kit that most dealers had already been offering since 2013.

· Old DriveAccord Soul
2,154 Posts
I just wanted to get you guys opinion about why the Sport does not come with keyless entry and push to start!!! It's the 1 of only a few things that i do not like about the car! Chime in people!:|
If we're splitting hairs, the Sport does come with keyless entry. It does not come with TouchFree entry to be exact which is usually paired with the push button start. My last car had push button start, I don't miss it. WHat I do miss is the exterior trunk release button.

· BRWNFLSH now
7,640 Posts
I miss the smart key every time I use my truck. It's so nice that the fob just stays in my pocket all day. The trunk button is nice too.

· Registered
892 Posts
I think Honda wants to keep the sport as basic as possible like the LX. They want customers to spend more and opt for a higher trim. The Canadian version with a manual transmission is almost the perfect car. I agree the sport is the most sold trim in the US for all the extras you get for an additional $2,000 more compared to the LX trim.

Reactions: 08EX-L

· Registered
1,282 Posts
The same reason, I figure, why EX does not have the paddle shifters.

Because someone decided it's a way to bundle stuff and that's that.

· Registered
5,434 Posts
Honda is cheap. You want basic features seen on a Mazda 3 for the last 5 years, move up.

· Registered
1,102 Posts
Honda wants you to move to Canada to get the features and color combos you want. Their Sport model comes with everything most US Sport buyers want but can't have (unless they buy a Touring, of course).

All the US Sport really needs are the premium audio (with Android Auto/CarPlay), smart key access, and LED headlights. It'd cost about $2000 more than the current Sport, but it would have the features most Sport buyers want while still being much cheaper than the Touring. IMO, THAT should've been the Sport SE, not a Sport with a leather kit that most dealers had already been offering since 2013.
So you want an EX with the sport wheels and spoiler?

The Sport trim is just an appearance package added to the LX. Well, and the bigger brakes from the V6 model.

· Registered
751 Posts
Why do people buy base models and want non base model features? I mean why buy the upgraded model if the base model has all the same features? Now if you said "why doesn't the the Touring model have something that another manufacture offers for their comparable vehicle?" then your argument would make sense but the answer will still always be about money.

· Registered
38 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the Canadian Sport MT so far, the only thing I really wanted was XM radio. It boggles my mind that the car has the Apple Car Play touch screen 7 speaker system but not XM. I took the HU out to see if it was just the same HU without the XM port plugged in, but all 10 of the ports are used, no spares. I put PIAA LED bulbs in the projectors and they work great and match the LED fogs perfectly.

· Registered
387 Posts
Buy a sport se (leather/heated seats), bury your factory HU and replace with it with a better HU, replace some speakers, buy $50 led headlights, and forget about honda sensing and other frivolous features that will eventually break that you almost never use. Pocket the difference and save up for the 2030 fully autonomous accord when those features actually matter.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
The average age of a new car buyer is 55 years old. Honda designed the Sport to attract younger buyers with young families which means keeping the price down. One step up from the LX with a few added dress up options to attract younger buyers and still have backseat ease to install car seats.

· Legitimate hack
1,678 Posts
The average age of a new car buyer is 55 years old. Honda designed the Sport to attract younger buyers with young families which means keeping the price down. One step up from the LX with a few added dress up options to attract younger buyers and still have backseat ease to install car seats.
Guess that makes me young at heart then. I'm 36 with two boys in middle school. lol

Reactions: Merc6

· Registered
478 Posts
The only thing I wish the Sport had was an option for a better sound system. Keyless entry and push button start are more electronic junk that will break down and leave you stranded at the worst time. I like having a key, it always turns and starts the car!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.