Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Faith 'noing w/out 'noing
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the summary of the wife's 7th gen Accord, on it's path of changes & journey...more to come :)

Naive - Back in 05' when we bought it

1st mod

2nd

3rd, 4th, & so on.......

Before

After the lip kit!! Mugen Replica.....

ST Camber kit FRONT & REAR
Adjustable ball Joints
Adjustable rear arms

I need to get rid of this BJ & go skunk arm

alignment @ work

My driving impression and product feedback.

PROS
FULL +/- 5.00 in the F & R adjustment
Fits like stock OEM Mounting locations. No mods. necessary
The camber kit came loaded with user friendly directions.
Product looks strong & durable.
Adjustments to camber are made almost effortlessly.
Very affordable yet competitive pricing

CONS
Overall design of front ball joints may need to be re-vamped, very noisy going over High/Deep bumps & potholes
Color is plain, Variety wouldn't be too bad.
Construction Material withheld
( unclear as to what lubricates the joints? spherical or?)

overall I give this product an 8.5

Inspire Gunmetal Headlights w/ 6k HID kit

Hybrid/Inspire Mirror w/ led signal ( I will repaint the mirror and color-match the base)

Mugen Ventilated visors ( installed by Norman @ nisei 08' )

·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's another update guys. Finally did the TL-s sway bar install. I also had to order new endlinks due to a broken link on the drivers side.I opted to use the energy suspension bushings for pure flash. Just looked to plain for me.

so here's a little bit of feedback/review

Bushings: Overall the look good and do their job.

But Do not order the E.S. kit 20mm, I strongly recommend the 19mm although the bar states 20mm when you order. The ES kit will require modification to the universal bracket that attaches to the subframe.

SwayBar: Larger Diameter and solid, greater improvement over the stock spaghetti strap any day.

Endlink:
Honda no longer sells them in singles due to the revision of the endlink. By observation only the new EL looks 1mm larger

Overall combination Review: ( results may differ depending on how in-tune you are with your vehicle, and conditions that brought forth the modification.)

Steering response: Increase (quicker, tighter turns)
Steering effort: Decrease (less driver input )

Body roll: D (very little roll with the new setup)
Ride Stability: I ( due to a broken endlink I noticed a big Improvement- reduce sloshing/oscillation with this mod. )

Oversteer: D
Understeer: I (favorably..I like to dive in them accelerate out)

New Upgrade parts 06 TL-S Swaybar 20mm, Updated Accord EndLinks, Energy Susp. Swaybar bushings

Old vs. New

My broken Endlink

Horrible pics of install ( I was in a rush )

HERE'S A SNEEK PEEK OF IT ALL! (the past few days of mods, got it ready for Nisei showoff in LA. yesterday!)

JDM/OEM RED H replacement ( thieves tried to remove it)

Identifying/verifying Wire color ;) painted mirror, splice harness & connectors

Reg.

High beam

Signal only

·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I swung by the shop to day, to drop off some motivation for the gentlemen. I snapped some pics too, car's looking lovely! They also told me a Hawt Chick would be dropping off her DC2 to get sprayed in the nick of time for Eibach as well. Big ups P&P AUTO Fontana! ask for Gary Shameless plug! Be sure to say you know Joel ;)

w/out further aduuueeee!

Here's some snippets until I can accomplish some updates. Front end is off for a reason. ;)

so I stayed up kinda late last night, worried I misplaced a few things, but I found them :) My OEM bumper grill & Inspire Fog lights a small preview of what's to come. ( more details on the bumper & fogs last pg. )

More accord bling arrived today! *hint*hint*

So thanks to Josh on V6P, we now have fancy HIDs for our inspire lights, a complete plug n play system for turn signals. Using the Infiniti m45 ballast, ignitor etc etc with conversion harness, & 8k d2s bulbs - there's more but I forget :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3367/4565443799_8e7e313923_o.jpg[/img

I had to get mama an upgrade! just 1 more piece to the puzzle OH BOY!

[img]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t274/JDMJNKY/1277243173.jpg

we once were going to use these rims but as you can see.....SOLD um!

update...nothing fancy. I had to get mama's intake pipe fixed. I think it's time for a new coating-filter - pre-filter or bypass valve. The pre-filter is just water repellent not water proof, so I may go w/ the bypass valve.

life, & bills etc have prolonged this debut of our accord, however disappointing it may be. 1st off it's nothing huge - because we don't have rims to "status", second I may have to find a new lip kit, or front lip if the 05 Mugen rep doesn't work out. On top of that if I get it to work, our car sits toooooooo low to even make it in our driveway ( drive way example ___/ ) and that means I'll have to buy some new coilovers before I put the kit back on, so it may just return to stock for now. We are just happy we will be able to drive it again. The dumb part about it is, the car drives LOL but we just don't drive it. Just tooo picky, I don't like seeing a full painted car w/ a black bumper, or fully kitted up on stock rims so shame on me, and stupid me for causing myself hardship - win some, loose some. :(

....and I want to thank Ion/Jon because w/ out him these teasers would not be possible, so afford-ably!

·
Gota love BLUE
643 Posts
dang man very nice..

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Pretty sweet!

Where did you get the front Grill? I always wanted to do that grill with a modified H or Accord logo on it ...

Keep up the great work! :wave:

And the mirrors, wow I'm jelous - wish it was that easy for the coupe!

·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty sweet!

Where did you get the front Grill? I always wanted to do that grill with a modified H or Accord logo on it ...

Keep up the great work! :wave:

And the mirrors, wow I'm jealous - wish it was that easy for the coupe!
LOL no need to be jealous, but I am genuinely flattered. The grill I found by luck on ebay.

you did so much to the car.. great work in progress.
:thmsup: Thank you sir......sadly it'll be back to stock aero for a while.

·
2005 Accord EX-L *SSM*
590 Posts
Woww.. Am so jealous :notworthy

how did u get the inspire headlights? they look bad ass =D

·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
very nice! only thing I wouldn't do is the stickers. Overall very clean
Nice! Hopefully you keep off the red V6 emblem.
Well good thing the car belongs to neither of you two! I have no issue repping our car club! Small FYI. So both emblem and decals will be replaced. Thank you both overall!!! Lol

Woww.. Am so jealous :notworthy

how did u get the inspire headlights? they look bad ass =D
Awe man that's too much, but thank you!!! I just share our auto expression that's all. I was so lucky a member was parting out his car, and that is how those came to be.

·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
9/3/10 so this is a view of our sideskirt approaching garage entry. The front lip hangs about that inch gap lower................. so scary! It is impossible w/ a lip to enter our v grooved driveway :(

Tony the fender roller about to do his magic

doing his magic

on the rears

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice. Its very nice

·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice. Its very nice
Thank you civtegra, I like your username LOL

Looks good. Keep it up yo.
Thank You. I will. Wifey is adamant about me finishing this asap.....:paranoid:

9/7/10 so today our injen replacement filter arrived

I had to replace my $30 9005 Hi-Beam Connector

I Filled the Inspire - Infiniti Ballast harness conversion using dielectric silicone ( thanks Jashaa ) Tomorrow I will loom them for the "OEM" Look. A few more things need to arrive before they are installed nothing huge.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts