Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m really considering just buying the 2018 2.0T Engine because I don’t like the body of the 10Gen Accord. Am I hopeless ? Or is the swap possible? Money really isn’t a issue, so just tell me if I would need to make special modifications like new tranny and etc...

Serious answers only.

·
CVT
1,060 Posts
The 2021 TLX is how the 10th gen Accord should look. Notice how the 2021 TLX has many of the core exterior styling characteristics of the 9.5th gen Accord --- albeit refreshed.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,674 Posts
Hopeless.

·
Registered
248 Posts
This isnt a 1995 Civic swap. Most likely, it'll be insanely expensive because of all of the electronics are specific to this model. Your best best is to buy a salvaged 2018 2.0T from Co-Part and swap the motor and electronics and get motor mounts made.

·
port & polish everything
1,644 Posts
Supposedly there will be a FWD TLX 2.0T for mid 30K range and the Accord is also probably getting refreshed in 2021. No point in mutilating your existing car when it still has trade in value. After you start molesting it it's not worth anything.

Reactions: BenzAccord

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
Will a 2016-17 accord V6 engine fit on my 2017 2.4L Accord ?

Serious answers only.
Yes, Anthony. It will fit. You will have to strengthen the roof, however.

Reactions: 2Accordz

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,674 Posts
Yes. The engine bay is the same size across the model.

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
Farmer JimGuy "Buck" Pennington was the first to do it back in 1975.

His engine was jet powered and much larger than the Accord's puny V6.

Reactions: BenzAccord

·
Registered
248 Posts
Serious answers only.
You want a serious answer to a silly question...?

No one that I have every heard of has swapped a 2.0t engine into 2013-17 Accord. It would likely involve a huge amount of additional components, electronics, and other misc parts, including the transmission. Very few, if any, people on this forum will have the expertise to definitively say if it's possible or not. Many on this forum have the expertise to tell you if it's reasonable. (Hint: It's not). If it is possible, you are likely looking at a $4000-6000+ cost swap assuming that you are using all used parts. The transmission used on your 2017 2.4L Accord is either a CVT (or a super rare manual). The transmission used on the 2.0L is either a 10-speed automatic )or an equally rare manual).

In terms of swapping a 9th generation V6 into your 2017 Accord, that would seem slightly less ridiculous, yet still in the stratosphere of impracticality. The 9th generation V6 used a traditional automatic transmission (or the rare manual) while the 2.4L used a CVT (or an equally rare manual)

Modern-day cars with all of there electronics aren't designed for engine swaps- at least not without a load of cash. I know that you said that money isn't an issue for you- so I'll give you one more really serious answer to your question. If money isn't an object, just sell your 2017 2.4L Accord and buy one that has the V6. That's going to be a lot cheaper and more practical than trying to do an engine swap. You won't have to worry about the electronics, transmission, or long-term things down the road like trying to figure out how to pass emissions with the check engine light that's almost certainly going to remain illuminated for the remainder of your car's life once you attempt a swap.

If you are really dead-set on doing something as silly as trying to swap out your 2.4L engine for the V6 or 2.0t, just find a mechanic that needs to buy a vacation home- and start paying them their hourly rate until they've figured it out. You'll get your engine swap- they likely will get their vacation house.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
( Don’t refer to get another car, I want my 9th gen body) . So I’ve been looking at different options to swap my motor because I have an i4 earth dreams and as I got older I’ve come to find out that’s a toy engine. I don’t know that much knowledge about engines, but I figured since the LS4 5.3 V8 is front wheel drive car, well then in my uneducated eyes it makes sense it would fit in my FWD accord. I really want to add some power and I’m really hoping someone can tell me this is possible. My budget is 12,000, is that realistic budget for a mission like this ? I know I would have to buy a new tranny, electrical equipment and yada yada yada, but will I have to cut a lot into my body of my car ? I really hope someone can give me a response because I would love to see and LS4 with American bald eagles on a Honda like mine. Ridiculous to some people, but I like going to the extra mile. So please, real answers only 🙏.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,572 Posts
Just about anything is possible with enough money, skills, and knowledge. Since you "don't know that much knowledge about engines," I'm going to presume you'll be paying someone to do this. Will $12K be enough?

LS4 swapped into Acura RSX

·
Turbocharged
938 Posts
( Don’t refer to get another car, I want my 9th gen body) . So I’ve been looking at different options to swap my motor because I have an i4 earth dreams and as I got older I’ve come to find out that’s a toy engine. I don’t know that much knowledge about engines, but I figured since the LS4 5.3 V8 is front wheel drive car, well then in my uneducated eyes it makes sense it would fit in my FWD accord. I really want to add some power and I’m really hoping someone can tell me this is possible. My budget is 12,000, is that realistic budget for a mission like this ? I know I would have to buy a new tranny, electrical equipment and yada yada yada, but will I have to cut a lot into my body of my car ? I really hope someone can give me a response because I would love to see and LS4 with American bald eagles on a Honda like mine. Ridiculous to some people, but I like going to the extra mile. So please, real answers only 🙏.
Wow, looks like everybody with huge disposable income is buying Accords now a days. When are we gonna see our first billionaire on the site? I wanna see a Bugatti swapped Accord, although, I may settle for a Ferrari V12 swap.

Get a V6. With FBO, it comes pretty close to the LS4. 303hp and 323ft/lb is pathetic for a V8 by today's standards.

Also, the Honda J35 is just as American as an LS4. With it being designed and built in America and all.

·
Turbocharged
938 Posts
LS4 swapped into Acura RSX

LOL, I was literally just reading that. Apparently one wasn't enough, and they are swapping two LS4s into that RSX.

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
Why not just get some used bionic limbs at Facebook Marketplace to satisfy your need for speed?

Reactions: 2Accordz

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Yeeeeeeaaah..

I distinctly remember a dude who wore suits like Elvis...who was kind of a whackjob and he strapped himself into a "motorcycle" equipped with a rocket engine and tried to clear the Snake River canyon...he probably thought that was a great idea,too..but, uh, it really wasn't.
That's my serious answer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts