Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
09 accord EX-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 EX-L V6 and looking to get a new set of wheels. Looking to get your advice on a set of 18 x 9 +32 offset on 235/40's...will this set up stick out or rub on fenders?
Riding a stock suspension now but have a set coilovers.

Thanks guys!

·
Turbo lag
2,039 Posts
It probably will. I have 18x8.5 ET38 and it is pretty much flush and no rub. 18x9 ET32 will stick out more. It'll probably be fine in the back, but the front will probably rub the fender liner.

·
Registered
09 accord EX-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It probably will. I have 18x8.5 ET38 and it is pretty much flush and no rub. 18x9 ET32 will stick out more. It'll probably be fine in the back, but the front will probably rub the fender liner.
Do you possibly have a pic?

·
Turbo lag
2,039 Posts
Do you possibly have a pic?
Take a look at this thread, post 13 and 15.

·
When will the mods stop.... or will they?
2008 Honda accord Coupe 6 speed manual
1,454 Posts
You will undoubtedly be screwed in the front with a +32 offset. The rear can take about 15-20mm more of an offset than the front before hitting the fender. Getting upper control arms to play with the camber is a way of getting you some more modulation to move things around to get it to fit better, but camber on the front means less traction. This is why I waited for a set of HFP rims to become available and got them because they have the factory offset and from my research, finding 19" rims or even 18" rims for that matter in our bolt pattern, High offset is hard to find and the only ones I found cost I fortune. And rims are like shoes, they inevitably get damaged, whether driving or some goof slapping your new tires on in a rush or whatever. It's gonna happen.

If you are looking to cut it as close as possible then you also need to factor in what tires you get, NOT JUST WHAT SIZE TIRES. Each tire and size has a different profile. Some tires with a 225 width will have more of a contact patch with the road than a 235 for example. Some tires have hard corners, where the sidewall meets the tread. While other tires will be more rounded. So you really need to consider everything when dealing with wheels and tires swap.

Go on tire rack and look at a tire and go to the specs sheet (you can choose a tire with no size, go to specs and you'll get a chart showing you everything) And boy oh boy, it's a mind bender when you actually see how off the contact patch is and actual width of the tire etc.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That's good to know. I'm looking at either 17 or 18" x8 ET50. I won't have to worry about fitment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have an 09 EX-L V6 and looking to get a new set of wheels. Looking to get your advice on a set of 18 x 9 +32 offset on 235/40's...will this set up stick out or rub on fenders?
Riding a stock suspension now but have a set coilovers.

Thanks guys!
i have a 15 accord idk if they are almost the same or not but i fit 20x9.5 with aggressive offset zero rub on coilovers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts