Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 coupe exl I can save like 37$ a tire by going with the 225 width. Any insight??

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,565 Posts
They are NARROWER, not smaller in diameter. 225 vs 235, it won't handle quite the same, it will be a little more fish out of water feeling (Not much), but if saving $37/tire is your thing, you will be fine.

·
Registered
474 Posts
They are NARROWER, not smaller in diameter. 225 vs 235, it won't handle quite the same, it will be a little more fish out of water feeling (Not much), but if saving $37/tire is your thing, you will be fine.
It’s obviously narrower going from a 235 to 225, it is ALSO smaller in diameter which is what the major concern would be like I stated.

Don’t give people wrong information.

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,565 Posts
It’s obviously narrower going from a 235 to 225, it is ALSO smaller in diameter which is what the major concern would be like I stated.

Don’t give people wrong information.
Ok, I'll give you the smaller in diameter, it is a fact. For a Michelin tire I looked up, 26 vs 26.3 total diameter. Like you said, 1% difference. At 75MPH, that's not even 1MPH.

So the point is, you will NOT notice that difference. Hells bells, as a tire wears it gets smaller, so that is negligible, not a major concern.

You WILL notice the difference in handling dropping from a 235 to a 225. That's my point. Take it for what its worth.

To the OP, I'm sure you can find cheaper tires in the recommended size, that will do just fine.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You will most likely not feel any difference but saving $148 will not change your life, either. If anything, the narrow section will cut through snow and rainwater puddles a tiny bit better. On dry tarmac you will have loads of grip in either case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts