Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm thinking of doing a resonator and muffler delete on my 2018 Accord and I was wondering if anyone knew it would harm my engine in any way? Since the resonator can be used for back pressure, I know that my gas mileage might go down but I searched online to see if doing a res delete could harm the engine and didn't really find anyone talking about that. And since each car is specific, I just wanted to see if you guys knew anything. Thank you!!

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
275 Posts
“Your engine needs Backpressure” is a myth. Stock exhausts are typically designed so as to maximize scavenging, but since its a turbo engine, the turbo is gonna do all the scavenging you need regardless of what exhaust is on it. You can put whatever exhaust you want in that engine.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Muffler delete?? No, it won't hurt the engine, just the property values in your neighborhood. Unbelievable.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,972 Posts
And aggravate everyone else in traffic.

Reactions: Andrew O

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Muffler delete?? No, it won't hurt the engine, just the property values in your neighborhood. Unbelievable.
If you've heard the deleted mufflers and resonators on the 10th Gen Accords, you would know they're not that loud. Unbelievable

I'm OK with that

“Your engine needs Backpressure” is a myth. Stock exhausts are typically designed so as to maximize scavenging, but since its a turbo engine, the turbo is gonna do all the scavenging you need regardless of what exhaust is on it. You can put whatever exhaust you want in that engine.
OK, thank you for you're reply! Just relieved me because the stock sound is like a hybrid and I don't want that lmao

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
If you've heard the deleted mufflers and resonators on the 10th Gen Accords, you would know they're not that loud. Unbelievable
You are absolutely correct and extremely well informed. Enjoy your life.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi guys, I'm thinking of doing a resonator and muffler delete on my 2018 Accord and I was wondering if anyone knew it would harm my engine in any way? Since the resonator can be used for back pressure, I know that my gas mileage might go down but I searched online to see if doing a res delete could harm the engine and didn't really find anyone talking about that. And since each car is specific, I just wanted to see if you guys knew anything. Thank you!!
slimm1469 said:

OP said: I'm OK with that (n)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts