Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the iSimple iSIM73 unit from ebay for 100 shipped and thinking my stock head unit was compatible because it has an "AUX" button... to my dreadful surprise, once i hooked it up it DIDNT WORK!! apparently i have it has to have an "AUX/XM" button. My question:

would i be able to upgrade to a factory xm unit without any wiring issues?? im told the ones in the EX models are more powerful as well?

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
Only the 6MT variants are more powerful - but I think your issue will be with matching the climate controls. I can't recall if there's an XM unit with the single zone climate. If there is, it will plug and play as a head unit.

Though, I know with my USASpec, there's an option for it to be used with the CD player button on cars that don't have the AUX/XM, but you just don't get text on the display. Double check the manual, it might show dip switches that you have to manipulate to change this.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only the 6MT variants are more powerful - but I think your issue will be with matching the climate controls. I can't recall if there's an XM unit with the single zone climate. If there is, it will plug and play as a head unit.

Though, I know with my USASpec, there's an option for it to be used with the CD player button on cars that don't have the AUX/XM, but you just don't get text on the display. Double check the manual, it might show dip switches that you have to manipulate to change this.
i checked the manual and it didn't mention anything about dip switches unfortunately i should've just bought a damn USA-spec unit :/ maybe i should save my self the hassle of trying to install the ex xm version unit and sell this one? FML for not researching more before buying it

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
Their site looks kinda vague about the unit "XM" or "Aux" (in Civic). Eh, if it doesn't work, sell it and get either the USASpec or the Dice unit -- double check their specs, but I'm pretty sure both of those support the Aux (non-xm) head units.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I just checked a PM I received from Hillstones (about the same thing) and NO the Isimple will not work unless yu have XM ready unit. I just got the Dice and it works great.

Check the classifieds on here. There is a USA spec for sale and I think I saw another one in a parting out thread.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56081

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damnnn ittttt... looks like im gonna have to sell this damn thing :/ i dunno if i wanna spend $300 for an xm capable unit just to play the ipod through, makes no sense

1 - 6 of 6 Posts