Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I did attempt to search for this, so hopefully nobody has already posted this inquiry:

Will a fully assembled (with wheel base) office chair fit in the trunk of the 8th gen coupe? (Maybe with the back seat opened up?)

I guess there's enough Accords and Accord owners out there that I might hit the jackpot: will a Steelcase Leap chair fit in the back of the 2008 Accord Coupe?

..or, should I borrow a family member's SUV?

Thanks for any info!

·
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
674 Posts
I would take the base off you have a better chance of fitting it in the car that way.

·
Super Moderator
3,430 Posts
You'll get a better and faster answer if you rolled the chair out the to the car and try it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'll get a better and faster answer if you rolled the chair out the to the car and try it.
The chair is 30 miles away (found it on Craiglist).. do you still recommend this course of action? hehe (I'm considering driving down there, trying to take the base off and fitting it in the back.. bring some blankets to protect the chair and the car)

Maybe I'll take the 2002 Accord Sedan, it might be easier to fit the base in the trunk and the chair in the back seat (no back seat access for the chair in the coupe obviously).

·
Registered
275 Posts
Is the chair on wheels?

If so get a rope and tie said rope to chair, then proceed to pull chair behind vehicle.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it fit in the 2002 accord with the wheels attached in the back seat (for the future internet queriers)

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you put it in through the passenger seat door in theory it would fit, I would like to see film of you trying though, you would need to be quadruple jointed (and so would the chair!)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not sure if it will fit assembled.. I would bring some tools with you incase you need to take it apart, which I think will likely be the case. The biggest item I've got into my coupe was a 42" led tv

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure if it will fit assembled.. I would bring some tools with you incase you need to take it apart, which I think will likely be the case. The biggest item I've got into my coupe was a 42" led tv
I posted a little further up but, yeah, it fit fine in the 2002 Honda Accord Sedan's back seat. It might have fit in the trunk. For future people looking on Google, this was the V1 with the lower back version of the Steelcase Leap chair and I didn't even have to take the wheels/base off to fit it into the backseat.

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
Since the thread title is if it will fit in the 8th Gen Coupe, how about doing a test fit and take some pix of the chair in your 8th Gen Coupe?

Now THAT would be very helpful for someone searching in the future looking for if an office chair would fit in the 8th Gen Coupe. :yes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would try through the cabin. So fold seats down, fit the back of the chair towards the trunk with the base in the cabin on top of the folded seat.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I actually felt the brain cells die from reading this and I can't get the 30 seconds of my life back either.
Take a few handtools with you and disassemble the chair and then reassemble when you get it home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts