Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. So I recently purchased and received the dc sports exhaust for my 2021 2.0t sport. I have been researching and have seen some people say that this exhaust system will actually slow your car down a little. My car is completely stock and this will be my first aftermarket part I would be putting on. Does anyone know if this is true? It would suck if I got a $1500 exhaust system just to make the car slower

·
Registered
173 Posts
Where did you even hear that? I can barely find videos of other DC owners on YouTube, let alone full on discussions from multiple owners. Anyway, no. My car is not slower. The biggest complaint is drone from the exhaust at low throttle input. Check out Dan Villa on YouTube. He does a full install tutorial as well as why he is going back to stock cause he has kids and the drone was too much for him and the kids. It’s a bolt on part. You aren’t going much faster if at all. But at the same time, unless you did the most horrendous install, you aren’t going slower either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you even hear that? I can barely find videos of other DC owners on YouTube, let alone full on discussions from multiple owners. Anyway, no. My car is not slower. The biggest complaint is drone from the exhaust at low throttle input. Check out Dan Villa on YouTube. He does a full install tutorial as well as why he is going back to stock cause he has kids and the drone was too much for him and the kids. It’s a bolt on part. You aren’t going much faster if at all. But at the same time, unless you did the most horrendous install, you aren’t going slower either.
Thank you for the reply. I saw a couple comments under one of his videos saying that you have the match the piping size to the oem piping. Something like that. But yes thank you for your reply kind sir 🙏

·
Registered
2020 Touring 2.0T
112 Posts
Hey everybody. So I recently purchased and received the dc sports exhaust for my 2021 2.0t sport. I have been researching and have seen some people say that this exhaust system will actually slow your car down a little. My car is completely stock and this will be my first aftermarket part I would be putting on. Does anyone know if this is true? It would suck if I got a $1500 exhaust system just to make the car slower
I’m surprised you felt you needed another exhaust system. I drive a 2020 Touring, which has the same engine and transmission as yours. I’ll admit I don’t drive much over 80 mph, but it is so easy to get there. Some critics even think these cars are overpowered. I can’t see the need to fuss with the exhaust on an already very sprightly car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m surprised you felt you needed another exhaust system. I drive a 2020 Touring, which has the same engine and transmission as yours. I’ll admit I don’t drive much over 80 mph, but it is so easy to get there. Some critics even think these cars are overpowered. I can’t see the need to fuss with the exhaust on an already very sprightly car.
I really love the 2.0t but I just wanted the car to be a bit loud if that makes sense? I also wanted the exhaust tips to come out from underneath the car itself, im not a huge fan of the factory look

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
674 Posts
Turbos don't particularly care what exhausts are on them, as long as they flow enough. It's only N/A cars that are really picky about exhaust. As long as it isn't horribly designed, it won't make your car any slower.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’m in the same boat, just got dc sports exhaust installed on my 2.0 sport, and noticed drone under 2k rpm and low speeds. I was thinking about installing a vibrant ultra quiet resonator. Has anyone installed these resonators. The reviews look promising at cutting out the drone.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Vibrant work real good. Be careful the one they say is 2" through is really 1 3/4 not a true 2" The 2 1/2" is true all the way through..

·
Registered
394 Posts
I don't know if I'm late to the party but if you haven't installed it yet and can return it; do it and buy Borla system for this car. Absolutely zero drone and plenty of deep noise when you want it. Lots and lots of pops and crackles and burbles, especially with 6MT. Went on a road trip with my son not that long ago and spend many hours at highway speeds, couldn't hear a thing from the exhaust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts