Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.0T 2018 and I plan on getting this DC Sports Catback Exhaust Honda Accord 1.5T / 2.0T Turbo (2018-2021) 3 put into my car, will there be any repercussions with the check engine light? I saw someone had different piping (downpipe/frontpipe) and they had a check engine light and they said the only way they could remove it was to tune it, which I can't do because I live in the state of California. I'm doing catback because it's also legal here.

·
More cars, more problems
361 Posts
...will there be any repercussions with the check engine light?
Nope. I have the same exhaust and there's been no issue.

Edit: To be pedantic, the DC Sports exhaust kit isn't catback, it's front pipe back (down pipe + cat -> front pipe -> rest of exhaust).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. I have the same exhaust and there's been no issue.

Edit: To be pedantic, the DC Sports exhaust kit isn't catback, it's front pipe back (down pipe + cat -> front pipe -> rest of exhaust).
I see, I'm getting into modifying so I don't know full on car terms haha. Would you say the purchase has been worth it? How do you overall feel about it. Have you gained any performance or just looks/sound?

·
More cars, more problems
361 Posts
I see, I'm getting into modifying so I don't know full on car terms haha.
Not your fault - the Redline site you linked said it.

Edit: I'm not disparaging them though, I bought my coilovers from them a couple years ago and the transaction went smoothly.

Would you say the purchase has been worth it? How do you overall feel about it. Have you gained any performance or just looks/sound?
I like it. It's a quality exhaust. Be forewarned though that there is a moderate drone in the cabin around the midrange (maybe 3k - 5k RPMs), but thankfully while doing a normal highway cruise it's not much louder than stock. I don't think there's much performance to be had from it (if there is, I don't notice), but my plans are to go 3" from turbo back and at the time the DC kit was the only exhaust of that size.

Anecdotally, a couple months ago a guy in a Golf R complimented the exhaust note while we were stopped at a stoplight and I was pretty chuffed :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not your fault - the Redline site you linked said it.

Edit: I'm not disparaging them though, I bought my coilovers from them a couple years ago and the transaction went smoothly.

I like it. It's a quality exhaust. Be forewarned though that there is a moderate drone in the cabin around the midrange (maybe 3k - 5k RPMs), but thankfully while doing a normal highway cruise it's not much louder than stock. I don't think there's much performance to be had from it (if there is, I don't notice), but my plans are to go 3" from turbo back and at the time the DC kit was the only exhaust of that size.

Anecdotally, a couple months ago a guy in a Golf R complimented the exhaust note while we were stopped at a stoplight and I was pretty chuffed :D
I've always heard people say the term "droning", what exact does that mean? And that's good to hear. I'll probably end up buying this exhaust since the borla one sounds a bit too sharp for my liking.

·
More cars, more problems
361 Posts
I've always heard people say the term "droning", what exact does that mean?
I would call it a low subwoofer-like humming noise that reverberates through the cabin and increases/decreases with throttle. This exhaust seems to do it right underneath the front seats which is probably where the resonator is located. I'm fine with it, but someone else might not be if they're expecting dead silence like the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would call it a low subwoofer-like humming noise that reverberates through the cabin and increases/decreases with throttle. This exhaust seems to do it right underneath the front seats which is probably where the resonator is located. I'm fine with it, but someone else might not be if they're expecting dead silence like the stock exhaust.
I'll probably end up liking it. It has a nice low tone to it, so I look forward to installing this thing. Also, in Canada are there laws with the catalytic converter? A catback exhaust shouldn't fail a smog test in California I hope

·
More cars, more problems
361 Posts
Also, in Canada are there laws with the catalytic converter? A catback exhaust shouldn't fail a smog test in California I hope
Where I am (Ontario), yes catalytic converters are required on all vehicles that were originally equipped with one (so pretty much everything newer than 40+ years). There shouldn't be an emissions change since you're not removing the cat so I wouldn't worry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts