Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Sport model that has the smaller spoiler but want to upgrade to the larger OEM one. Does anyone know if the holes line up so that I don't have to drill new ones for the larger spoiler?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I currently have a Sport model that has the smaller spoiler but want to upgrade to the larger OEM one. Does anyone know if the holes line up so that I don't have to drill new ones for the larger spoiler?
We have the larger OEM spoiler and it was installed by just using the 3m adhesive and it's on there pretty good so I'm not worried about it falling off. That being said, I doubt the holes will line up so if you want to do the hardware install, you're going to have to drill new holes, but you won't know till you get the template over it. I would def cover the existing holes before installing the new spoiler maybe w/ some sort of waterproof tape/putty because water can still make it underneath.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Over a month. Actually tried to take it off to do the hardware install and I gave up, it's on there good. The dealer installed it without the hardware. They say that's how they install all their spoilers. The sport I believe comes installed from the factory hence all the holes which I believe is completely unnecessary for such a small spoiler.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Over a month. Actually tried to take it off to do the hardware install and I gave up, it's on there good. The dealer installed it without the hardware. They say that's how they install all their spoilers. The sport I believe comes installed from the factory hence all the holes which I believe is completely unnecessary for such a small spoiler.
Really, the dealers don't use hardware to install it. Very surprised at that. Hopefully College Hills Honda has free shipping for Black Friday again so i can pick up the spoiler.

I've already have holes so I can probably just use a cable to tie it on as a safety measure.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Really, the dealers don't use hardware to install it. Very surprised at that. Hopefully College Hills Honda has free shipping for Black Friday again so i can pick up the spoiler.

I've already have holes so I can probably just use a cable to tie it on as a safety measure.
I agree with the other guy, zip ties not necessary. That thing is on there good, just prep the surface good, put template on for alignment and move on, it won't go anywhere.

Also, try to see if your dealer will match online prices, most will factor in shipping which is usually around $100 for that spoiler as it's an odd shape and I doubt College Hills will ship that for free anytime soon. You're also running the risk of it being damaged, it's pretty fragile IMO.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Accord EXL 2.0
125 Posts
I'm not sure about the holes lining up, but when I installed the OEM bigger spoiler on my EXL it sure was a weird feeling drilling holes in a brand new car. I guess I could have just sufficed with the 3M tape, but I went ahead and used the supplied fasteners.

·
Registered
528 Posts
The holes won't line up, but more importantly you'll have several other holes to somehow plug up to prevent leaks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts