Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bro, those leds are 60 bucks man!!!

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
go with superbirghtleds.com

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...Page&Page2Disp=/specs/festoonhp_3022-xHP4.htm

these will fit both dome light and map lights. i got my whole car switched to leds for less than 60.00 and they also dim like OEM lights but i do have a brand new led kit i can sell you for 40.00 pm me.
Those bulbs look to small... Really only 4-led bulbs..

The Dome kit from Xenondepot are Huge LED CHIPS 9-led to each if i remember correctly. .. Very bright..

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
ill confirm which bulbs i got but they are really bright trust me, ill upload pics when time permits
just confirmed. i got

4x 3022x 4LED festoon bulbs
and
2x WLED -x5 wide angle led bulbs
Sounds good man.. Still need to see pictures..

Like the ones i have posted.. :)...

40 buck's for those Led's.. when you can get LED Chips with 9 in each for $51 bucks using the DALED discount code for XenonDepot :thmsup:

·
Computer/ Car Junkie
35 Posts
yea x2 on teh superbrightleds.com just got and installed mine today. they are very bright for a four led board and definitely light up the entire car.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Also a site sponsor...

http://www.diodedynamics.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=336

Mind you, on a 2010 coupe... we have 1 License plate light. No Door Lights and No glove box light.

If you want to go bright as possibly, instead of going with bulbs styles that have panels fit in the bulbs..go with adapter bulbs that plug into these sticky 12 & 6 5050 SMD light panels..

Honestly, If I ordered up from Paul (Diode Dynamics guy on this forum) the BRIGHTEST kit I could assemble, this is what my order would look like (I already have 9 led FLUX style map and domes that work just fine for me, ordered from V-LEDs in late 2007 for my past 08 coupe...and a 1 SMD license plate light, which I'd like to get a better spread and might try a 6 smd panel option in there eventually..it will fit)

License Plate:
194 5-5050 SMD (x1)

Front Dome Lights:
LED Board 12-SMD (x2)

Rear Dome Light:
LED Board 12-SMD (x1)

Trunk Light:
LED Board 12-SMD (x1)

So basically... LED Board 12-SMD (x4) & 194 5-5050 SMD (x1)

That would be extremely bright! Personally, I'd just stick 6 SMD panels on the interior Dome (x2) Map (x1) and do a 6 SMD panel in my license plate light holder (x1) and 12 SMD panel in the trunk to get it bright as possibly from the one light. (or go the LED strip way, like Hittman shows in his video).

Xenon Depot is stand up to deal with as well..I just like the adapter/panel options Paul/DD presents.

G'luck gentledental..keep us posted on what you go with and the outcome.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, krazy,

so just to confirm one more time.... those 4x3 led, 12 smd panels WILL fit in the map lights (the two in front)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Thanks, krazy,

so just to confirm one more time.... those 4x3 led, 12 smd panels WILL fit in the map lights (the two in front)
According to this page

http://www.diodedynamics.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=336

and the kit breakdown for our cars, Paul seems to sell it that way & I'm sure he'd changed it by now if there was an issue... Personally, I'd take the measurements he gives on the product pages and check it out myself.

I did with the 6 SMD option for the license plate light (and found that it would work out just fine)

Mind you, 12 SMD panels is going to be bright!!..Look at BPearl's shots of his interior and i think thats with 9 SMD's (dunno if they're 5050's - the series of SMD tech) configured on a board inside the festoons.

That's why personally, I'd go with 6 SMD panels up front, a 12 in the dome light and the trunk and a 6 SMD in my license plate light (haven't tested this all the way, but the dimensions *should* work).

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Hey Guys,

It's really not a question of how many LED diodes are being used. It is a question of how good the diodes actually are. We have seen 12 LED diode panels using low grade LED get blown away in terms of brightness by a panel using 4 high quality LED diodes. Putco products are expensive however they use German made LED diodes to ensure both the quality and brightness of the product. Just like everything else, time will tell whether a product is good or not :)

Steve

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Hey Guys,

It's really not a question of how many LED diodes are being used. It is a question of how good the diodes actually are. We have seen 12 LED diode panels using low grade LED get blown away in terms of brightness by a panel using 4 high quality LED diodes. Putco products are expensive however they use German made LED diodes to ensure both the quality and brightness of the product. Just like everything else, time will tell whether a product is good or not :)

Steve
Steve,

Do you know if the Putco diodes are 5050 or 3528's ? I'd assume 5050..but, don't see it listed on your site.

Thanks!

edit: woo-hoo , 1000 posts .. lol

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts