Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have some basic rookie questions about warranty and what they will replace. I bought my accord in the summer certified pre-owned. All the important stuff with my car has been solid but the doors have been causing me trouble. The doors stick like crazy especially if I don't open them for a few days. The rubber lining sticks and the outside door handles stick as well. Additionally, the passenger side door is starting to creek when I open it. Basically the doors are all out of wack. I never had these problems on my old accord and my dad has the same car and has no issues. I brought it to the dealer and they greased it up but that didn't do anything.

Is there a way I can get these fixed under warranty? I know all these problems are going to worsen as time goes on. They keep offering BS short term solutions like "we will use better grease this time" that won't actually fix the problem. Can I have them replace all the door lining, door handles, and door hinges hinges under warranty? I'm not really sure what else they could do to fix it but there was clearly some kind of manufacturing issue with my doors.

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,224 Posts
Is there a way I can get these fixed under warranty?

What Is Not Covered​
Parts not covered by this limited warranty fall into three basic categories:​
■Standard maintenance items and procedures​
■Emission system​
■General appearance, body parts, interior, trim and glass​
[ . . . . ]​
GENERAL APPEARANCE, BODY, INTERIOR & GLASS​
Body Parts & Trim​
Frame; body mount bushings; subframe(s); subframe mounting bushings; primary body structure/welded assemblies; core support; header panel; grille; hood; fenders; inner fenders; doors; rear hatch; trunk lid; tailgate; spoilers; fascia; air dams; composite panels; bumpers; bumper covers; outside ornamentation; emblems; garnish; moldings; roof ditch moldings; bright metal; chrome trim; stainless trim; paint; headlight housings; taillight housings; side marker lamp housings; lenses and bezels.​
Interior Parts, Upholstery & Trim​
Steering wheel; dash panel; dash pad; glove compartment door; floor or overhead consoles; door and other interior panels; armrests; seat upholstery; seat padding; headliner; cargo covers/sunshades (except for failure of the retractor mechanism); sun visors (except for the sun visor support); carpet; floor mats; door handles; window handles; buttons; knobs; boots; beverage holders and gas-, brake- and clutch-pedal pads.​
[ . . . . ]​
Rattles; odors; water leaks; air leaks; wind noise; vibration; deterioration; discoloration; distortion; deformation and/or fading.​

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they used silicone lubricant when I went in. It worked for about a few days then went back to how it was before. And wow that is a lot of things not covered..

·
2013 Accord Sedan LX Wht.
61 Posts

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,426 Posts
If you hear creaking noise when opening/closing the door it could be the door checker. Greasing the checker will not work, IMO, you have to replace it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
WHERE are the doors sticking? I had an issue with a previous Accord where the seals were sticking to the door frame and the only solution I could find that worked was to clean the door frame. I used a combination of rubbing alcohol to strip away any residue and a follow-up with WD-40 to remove a final degreaser. It worked like a champ and the doors did not stick at the seals.

I lubricated the hinges with silicone lube and they operated like new.

Best of luck...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts