Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I’m looking to change my current exhaust out to a different one. I found this Yonaka that seems like it would be a good replacement for what I currently have. However, it doesn’t say it will fit the 2006. I’m assuming that since it fits the other 7th gens (2003-2005), that it should be fine on my 06? Was there any difference in the exhaust setup for the older 7th gen 2.4L vs mine?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you could always see if a stock exhaust will interchange between 03-05 and 06-07
Thanks! I checked and they have two different part numbers. I think that may be because of the muffler design but I’m not sure. In the diagram they look the same though.

·
ziptie princess
1,053 Posts
i’d imagine it will be fine, you could try emailing yonaka as well

fwiw, i have that catback on my 03 and really like it. it’s well-made, sounds good, and is louder without droning at highway speeds (and more importantly doesn’t have the coffee can full of bees sound of most cheap honda exhausts)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i’d imagine it will be fine, you could try emailing yonaka as well

fwiw, i have that catback on my 03 and really like it. it’s well-made, sounds good, and is louder without droning at highway speeds (and more importantly doesn’t have the coffee can full of bees sound of most cheap honda exhausts)
Thanks, I'll probably shoot them an email and see what they say. I'm glad to hear that you like it! Its really the only option we have besides going custom (which is what I currently have) so I'm doing as much research as I can with this Yonaka. Do you have any sound clips of yours?

·
ziptie princess
1,053 Posts
there's also dna motoring or whatever but i don't recommend it. i have their catback on my 240 and it's fine, quality-wise, considering i paid $120, but it also could be heard from over a mile away when that car was still n/a and is loud enough on the highway that i can't hear my stereo (to be fair i have the stock head unit still)

i don't have any sound clips, sorry- i managed to catch my cat on a speed bump and rip the flex pipe, so right now the car sounds kind of like garbage and it's too hot to bother fixing. maybe after i deal with that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there's also dna motoring or whatever but i don't recommend it. i have their catback on my 240 and it's fine, quality-wise, considering i paid $120, but it also could be heard from over a mile away when that car was still n/a and is loud enough on the highway that i can't hear my stereo (to be fair i have the stock head unit still)

i don't have any sound clips, sorry- i managed to catch my cat on a speed bump and rip the flex pipe, so right now the car sounds kind of like garbage and it's too hot to bother fixing. maybe after i deal with that.
No problem, thank you! I looked into the DNA Motoring exhaust but didnt like that it looked essentially like a straight pipe. Still waiting on a response from Yonaka.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got word back from Yonaka, and they said it will fit but they listed it as 03-05 because of the exhaust cutout on the 2006. It makes the tip look like it is sitting very low.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts