·
Silver '07 Accord SE
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok good to know, i'm just trying to find a nice 17in wheel that's OEM for some manufacturer. I would love to do 18s, but i worry about hitting all the manholes that are in my area, and how much tire could absorb it. I have some bad roads in PA.

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about these?

I was looking around, and I saw the Enkei BR7 and CP5:

BR7: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281059053441?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

CP5:http://www.ebay.com/itm/290686688876?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

But when I went onto tire rack, they only show the 16in versions of these that will fit an '07, not the 17in or bigger versions. The offset and bolt pattern are the same, between the sizes, but why wouldn't they show? Anyone have an opinion on this?

The sellers on ebay for both of these claim that they will fit my car, but I wonder why tire rack doesn't.

Thanks

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did select the 17in diameter option but it wasn't showing up. But the bolt pattern is the same. Now they do have a 45mm offset while my stock 16s have 55mm i believe, is that good or bad to be less?

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
13,423 Posts
Will It Fit Or Not?

When shopping for wheels, there are 5 things you're looking for:

1) bolt pattern
2) bore size
3) diameter
4) width
5) offset

First you need to know the above info (i.e. specs) for your stock wheels/car. If you don't, the info can be found in the Honda/Acura Wheel Bolt Pattern (PCD), Offset, and Bore Guide or the OEM Wheel Guide: Bolt Pattern, Hub Bore, Lug Size guide. You want to compare those specs to the specs of the wheels you're considering.

Bolt Pattern:
You want to make sure the bolt pattern is the same. This is the most important thing to look at because if it's not the same, then it won't fit the car. Not the same? Cross it off the list.​

Bore Size:
The next important thing to look for is the new wheel's bore size. You want the bore size to be the same as or larger than the stock wheel's bore size (or car's wheel hub).

There are some wheel manufacturers that will offer a wheel that only comes in one specific bolt pattern and bore size because it's made specifically for a certain make/model. But the majority of aftermarket wheels will have what's referred to as a "universal" bore size which means that it's larger than stock so it can fit over the hub of all car makes/models. This helps to cut down on costs and doesn't require the wheel manufacturer to make/offer a wheel with different bore sizes that's specific to one make/model of car.

You'll often see aftermarket wheels with a bore size of 72.6mm (i.e. Enkei), 74.1mm (i.e. Volk), 75mm, etc. These are considered "universal" since they fit 99.99% of the cars out there.

If the bore size is smaller than stock, cross it off the list unless you want to enlarge the bore (not recommended). If the bore is larger than stock, you'll want some hub centric rings to fill the gap and prevent vibrations.

Wheel bore? Hub bore? Hubcentric rings? What are those? What do they mean? Click here.

Diameter:
Next is the wheels diameter. This is pretty simple and self explanatory. Pick a size you like.​

Width and Offset:
Once you've decided on a diameter, you want to see what widths and offsets it comes in.

Will it fit your car? Will it rub? Will it stick out too much? All that can be determined by plugging in the stock wheel's width and offset into one of the many wheel calculators along with that of the wheels you're considering.

The calculator will tell you how much inner clearance you have (you don't want to rub the suspension or other components) and how much the wheels will stick out vs the stock wheels.

If you need to visually see it, you can use a ruler to measure how much more the new wheel will stick out vs the stock wheel.​

This concludes today's lesson on "Will it fit or not?"

Attachments

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for giving me all that useful info, it was a big help. Using those calculators, I found that the wheel would extend 23mm out from the well, at least that's how i understand it, and 3 mm inner clearance. So it being as such, with 5x114.3 and 17inx7.5in @45mm which is the BR7 with the 72.6 bore, would this wheel rub against my fenders, like would i need to roll them? And is this 23mm difference really noticeable honestly? Is there any safety issue or car damage issues if i ran this setup?

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
13,423 Posts
.... with 5x114.3 and 17inx7.5in @45mm which is the BR7 with the 72.6 bore, would this wheel rub against my fenders, like would i need to roll them?
Will they rub? Will you need to roll fenders? I'd say no, but then again you don't say if you're lowered or not and if so by how much. You do know that you can answer this question yourself by going outside with a ruler and measuring, right?

And is this 23mm difference really noticeable honestly? Is there any safety issue or car damage issues if i ran this setup?
25.4mm = 1 inch.

If the calculator says the new wheel will stick out 23mm more than your stock wheel, that means it's just under 1 inch. You can see if that's "noticeable" or not by measuring with a ruler. I can tell you that it's not flush if that's what you're looking for.

Measure the fender to wheel gap (and tire to fender height) to see if you'll rub or not.

Attachments

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea i'm not lowered, and i'm not planning on lowering either, so that's not a concern of mine. I'm just trying to figure out if I would notice that the wheel sticks out an inch or not. I do like everything to be clean, so they worry me if they stick out that extra inch. What do you think?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.