Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

WILL THEY FIT? VELGEN VMB5 19x9 +35 x4 matte gunmetal

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  elelkoolj 
#1 ·
i want to get these for my 13 coupe HFP MSM. i don't want to deal with rubbing or rolling fenders !!! thinking a 245/40/19 tire. i can't really afford to get this wrong so any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

#2 ·
not dropped? they'll fit...

#3 ·
its on the hfp suspension but may lower more later, so it will fit now but not if i lower further? i'm now thinking that it might be safer to get the avent garde m510 in a 19x8.5 +35 as they are almost the same and much safer fitment. or the forgestar cf5v 19x8.5 +35(althought i can choose any offset) and they only weight 20#. thought that was pretty amazing but still like the avent garde and velgen design better. thoughts anyone???

#4 ·
Even after you lower, they'll probably still be fine, if anything, just add a slight amount of negative camber and you'll be fine.

Personally, I'm more of a fan of AG.

#6 ·
I am very interested in those forgestar wheels.. I like the very lightweight style they provide. :thmsup:

#7 ·
It won't fit in the front. I'm running 19x8.5 et 32 with a slightly stretched 225/40-19 in the front and I pulled the fenders but still rubs on bumps and tight turns at times. Your .5" wider wheel and 20mm wider tire will not cut it on a lowered accord with the factory camber specs. My wheels poke out 1-2mm from the fenders as is too. The rears will have plenty of room.

You will need to run a stretched tire in the front, run additional camber, and/or buy staggered wheels to make it fit correctly.

edit: just noticed your a coupe. Not sure if the fenders are the same width as the sedan... But what I posted above is based on my test fitting of wheels on my sedan

#10 ·
I am very interested in foregestars. What is your specs on wheels, tires, offset?

#11 ·
mine r 20x10.5 all around +17 all around. hankook v12 summer tires. which stretch really good. (mine r not crazy stretched but slightly)

this size may be too big for the 9th gen coupe tho since your wheel base is smaller. maybe with alot of fender work it will work. if i had a 9th gen id prob do 18s or 19s with beefy/stretched tires.

#14 ·
You can customize the Avant Garde wheels too its called the M510 Bespoke!! If you don't want to do fender work you will need to go with a smaller tire maybe a 235/35/19

#15 ·
This search for wheels is a pain! I try those sites for fitiment and than I see JPN with 8.5 Et22 and 9.5 et22 and it fits.. I'm like huh?..probably because he's lowered. First I got to decide 19" or 20"! I already know I'll be lowering the coupe. I do like seeing jpn's coupe since ours are the same color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.