Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 accord coupe with navigation, I want to install a back up camera.
I like the simplicity of the oem camera being plug and play, but I do not like the mounting options.
So, I was looking at this camera on Ebay.
Crimestopper VS-185 Custom Color Back up Camera for Honda Accord w/ Night Vision
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111138623664?item=111138623664&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

I was wondering if it will work?
I know there are write ups on here on how to make aftermarket cameras work with the factory navigation. Ive done some reading and Im pretty sure I can accomplish it without any problems. I just dont want to order a camera that wont work.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's a little pricey for aftermarket but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I installed a $15 camera I ordered from China. Took a while to come in but has worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
668 Posts
That one, like just about every one, is for the sedan. The couple license plate light is totally different. Best mounting one I found is to use a license plate bracket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the coupe only has a single license plate light and the sedan has 2, but are the actually housings for the bulbs different?
I wanted to get something that looked stock and was hidden for the most part.

What license plate cameras are you talking about? The kind that are built into the license plate frame?

Thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Totally different housing. Sedan is snap-in, coupe is clip-on.

Newer version of what I installed. Now having lots more viewing options.
http://visiontechamerica.com/site/portfolio/hdl/

Only problems are that it is hard to change the license plate as it security screws and the lens gets dirty on muddy/rainy days.
I read elsewhere that the housings are different. But I replaced my light bulb and my coupe license plate light just snaps in, not sure what you mean by clip on?

I checked out the link you sent me, pretty neat product. Where do you order it from though? There are no prices or anything...

·
Registered
668 Posts
Here you should be able to see the difference. The 2-door lens snaps in but the unit itself clips on to the bumper cover.

Text Diagram Line Line art Font

Boyo cameras on Amazon:
I did see some bad reviews of the new HDL version so proceed with caution on that one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts