Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled a Radio/HVAC control from a 2007 LX in the junkyard.

It's a single CD, single zone. Gonna put it in the 03' Accord, which has the same radio. I know the 03' radio doesn't need a code if disconnected, but I'm not sure if that changed with the later years. I don't have the 03' here to do the install yet, so I'm just wondering what to expect. Will the new radio require a code? I took a pic of the VIN in the junkyard.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes it will need a code. The code is not attached to the vin but rather the serial number on the radio. You can go to the honda owners website to retrieve the code based on the serial number you provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Pilot without a plane
516 Posts
I have the premium sound and dual zone climate control in my 2003 EX. It requires a code. I was given the code for the block I bought to replace my malfunctioning block. Guess your radio didn't require one in 2003.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it asks for a code, go to
Click/tap Get Codes

Serial number can be on the radio unit. It if isn't there, press/hold 1 and 6 radio presets, then press power button.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys. Went to the Honda site. It says I need the VIN and the radio serial number. Can't get that till I hook it up.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
That radio does not require a security code. From the owner's manual: US VP and LX, and Canadian DX-G and SE do not use it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Older models require a code. Not sure when Honda stops using security code but my 2017 does not ask for a code. I used to have a 2000 EX and that needs a code.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts