Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found intermittent threads regarding window issues so I figure I may as well make an attempt to get one sticky-ed on anything regarding our windows and doors.

I just took my door apart to determine the problem with my regulator(would not move period and I already replaced the master switch) and after taking everything apart, everything including pulling the regulator motor housing and rotor shaft out it kind of just came loose.... It was very strange as I "massaged" it back to life as there was some intermittent responses but after bringing the mount up and down several times (without the glass, sidenote the auto just relearned itself while doing this...) it seemed to come back to life, no more slowness or "no-responses". So hesitantly I put everything back together, except trim panel and began testing with the glass re-installed. At this point I began noticing a lot of sluggish movement. It wasn't moving nearly as fast as back when it worked properly, and much slower in comparison to the passenger side...

My question became whether there is a special way to properly align the glass on the mount so that it doesn't bind up? Do I need to actually lubricate the tracks? OR is the regulator just going bad?

2005 V6 5AT w/ ~138k

Please help all you window experts out there!!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
it's toast, the motor is worn out. replace the regulator and motor together as a set, I don't think you can buy the motor separate from Honda anyway. usually the motor dies or the regulator cable snaps.

·
Reflections Auto Detail
1,085 Posts
You can buy the motor separately but the difference in cost is so little compared to the complete assembly. If the motor is at the end of its life so too is the cable controlling the framing of the regulator. Save yourself the expense and aggravation and replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, yeah the motor and regulator together are only about 70 so I'm going to wait till it stops working again before I take everything apart then I'll replace it. So you don't think there's any alignment issue, glass in the track?

Thanks again,

·
Reflections Auto Detail
1,085 Posts
It's completely possible that the glass may be out of its channel or part of the weatherstrip is folded inward or any number of things that may be impeding on the free travel of the glass but not being there to play touchy-feely with it puts us at a disadvantage. Check it thoroughly. Also check the regulator to make sure it is moving without binding up - lubricate if necessary. You can also lube the channels. There's a thread about it in this forum.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43464

If you do end up needing to rep[lace it, RockAuto.com has the complete assy starting at $47.00.

Good luck and be sure to post your findings/resolution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts