Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every car I've had in the past whenever there is condensation or frost on the windows I was able to remove it by rolling the window down and back up.

The accord is the first one that doesn't. I think it's due to the unusual trim/window seal at the base. It doesn't press up against the glass tightly.

Does anyone know of some weatherstripping or accessory that can correct this?

Hope this makes sense

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The Accord isn't the only one. I rent a lot of cars while traveling on business and not all of them will clear the condensation much less frost. The two were a Hyundai Sonata in Toronto and a Ford Focus in New Jersey. Neither of them would clear the condensation or frost by rolling the windows down.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I find the power of the windows going up and down any time of year is super slow!!
Sorry, this is not GM where window motor/mechanic innards failures are common. I will take reliability any day.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
If find it to be annoying that when I get my car washed that if I need to roll down my window afterward that the window is wet when I roll it back up.

And certainly, if you want to clear water from the windows by rolling the window down and back up, nothing appreciable happens at all.

I'm pretty sure that every car I've owned has done a good job of clearing the windows of moisture when rolling up and down.

All my previous Hondas certainly have.

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
Sorry, this is not GM where window motor/mechanic innards failures are common. I will take reliability any day.
Are GM windows known for their high speed and lack of reliability?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I first noticed the propensity for the windows to fog with my 97 civic. It's like Honda always wants you to run the damn AC, otherwise the windows will fog. My new Accord is the same way. I've learned to live with it.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I run Hi heat with recirculation OFF (fresh air), windows does not fog up. With recirculation ON, windows will fog up. A/C OFF for both settings

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
My TSX wouldn't clear the frost but my Accord does.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
Are we talking about the outside of the windows or inside? I have never noticed this.

Are GM windows known for their high speed and lack of reliability?
GMs of the 90's and early 00's are... But Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep and BMWs are on the same level of garbage in manufacturing window parts.

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
Every car I've had in the past whenever there is condensation or frost on the windows I was able to remove it by rolling the window down and back up.

The accord is the first one that doesn't. I think it's due to the unusual trim/window seal at the base. It doesn't press up against the glass tightly.

Does anyone know of some weatherstripping or accessory that can correct this?

Hope this makes sense
My windows do a partial job of clearing the fog, but not great. I used to have a Subaru legacy that wouldn't clear at all. I had to keep a squeegee in the car and squeegee the windows every mornig so I could see. It was pretty annoying. I'm not sure why new cars are like this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts