Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer (2010) I had window tint installed on my car windows, including my rear window. Now, in the Chicago winter, i notice that my rear defroster is not working as it should. Can there be a connection?

The defroster always starts on the driver side bottom and works it way out. Usually, i never see it get past the half way point of my rear window.

I checked the fuse under the hood, and it was fine. I checked the larger fuse that is unusual to me under the hood as well, couldn't tell if it was good or not. What else can i check?

06' EX-L

·
Registered
851 Posts
not really cause the strips are in the inside, and the tint is on the outside. ( i believe its on the outside.... i have to double check mine

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Last summer (2010) I had window tint installed on my car windows, including my rear window. Now, in the Chicago winter, i notice that my rear defroster is not working as it should. Can there be a connection?

The defroster always starts on the driver side bottom and works it way out. Usually, i never see it get past the half way point of my rear window.

I checked the fuse under the hood, and it was fine. I checked the larger fuse that is unusual to me under the hood as well, couldn't tell if it was good or not. What else can i check?

06' EX-L
It is rare, but they may have damaged the defroster element installing the tint. Or, it could be a coincidence. If it is damaged, you have to replace the rear window and re-tint.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Tint is on the inside. But I agree with hillstones

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think I can get the tint place to pick up the tab if that is the case? How can i test this idea?

·
Registered
178 Posts
It is rare, but they may have damaged the defroster element installing the tint. Or, it could be a coincidence. If it is damaged, you have to replace the rear window and re-tint.
Wow. Never gave much thought to the possibility of damage or the fact that the entire window would have to be replaced.

Anyone have any idea how the damage happens?

Does metallic tint affect the defroster? I wouldn't use it myself because of radio signal attenuation, but a friend was saying his defroster does not work as well as it used to.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should I go to Honda and try to get them to fix the window (i did by it as a used certified with full bumper to bumper), or should i call the tint place?

As far as Honda knows, i bought the car with the tint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts