Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question regarding after market window tint.

Had all three rear windows done by local auto glass place..actually the only one who does it around here.

I had some "bubbles" in the window due to imperfect cleaning or dust in the air at time of application. I went back a week after and they did one of the windows over again. This time much better.

I do still have a few small bubbles remaining on the the other two windows. One has to look close to see them.

Was told that it happens with aftermarket tinting and that 100% bubble free is really difficult to achieve.

Is this an acceptable level or am I being fed a line? :dunno:

·
Registered
264 Posts
uhmm i would say that is not acceptable..i got my tints done on my last 2 cars and there were no bubbles or dust whatsoever.. some cloudiness in spots can be expected, but that will clear up once whatever liquid trapped under the tint dissipates

sounds like they aren't that great at tinting

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Yeah sounds like you might need to find another shop.

I just got my windows tinted...and the shop did an awesome job. Yes, you may see some bubbles etc. when it is drying.....that is normal. I didn't even see any of that on my tints.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one small bubble left and a few areas with a few pin head spots

maybe I'm being to fussy

they replaced one side and it's flawless

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would say take it back until its all flawless. my shop has a lifetime warranty. for bubbles especially. I will be relentless after the tint is done.

·
Honda lover
47 Posts
I just bought a newaccord and need to tint the windows,had my vette done by a local shop and it was perfect,whats the going price for 5 windows?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts