Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have Wincos tint (has a slight blue hue). Not the best, but it has 92% blockage of IR radiation and out performs many higher priced tints. I paid $400.00 for my tint from a local tint shop. They offer another lower grade called Madico Charcoal for $180.00. Both tints offer lifetime no fade tint. However, the Wincos tint is simply amazing at blocking heat. How do I know? Well, I had to get my side right drivers side tint removed because I couldn't pass inspection. I drove around 1 day without the Wincos and I had to use the air conditioner on highest settings just to cool the car (it's hot in Louisiana). In addition, I could literally feel the sun on my skin, as in, I completely forget how much protection high performance tint offers. High performance tint is well worth the price admission.

·
2018 Touring 2.0t
66 Posts
Sorry to hear that - I loved the crystalline and put it on my windshield and sunroof - it never turned purple, but the shop overheated it in a small area in the top corner, causing some distortion when looking at it from some angles.

The good news is 3M's warranty is VERY good, so the shop will apply a new sheet and eat the labor for free.

Basically that (5%) crystalline is crazy good - I don't even feel the sun on my face like I used to even when the sun is beaming directly through the front windshield anymore, and wouldn't otherwise even know there is tint at all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Watch what you clean your tinted windows with. I had a ceramic coating applied to our 2016 Accord. Total cost was around 500 USD. I also had the front tinted with a 70% (clear) which was almost half the cost of the other 5 windows combined.

Many window cleaners on the market state that they are not safe for window tint and will turn them purple or blue. Look for a product that states it is safe for tint such as Invisible Glass by Stoner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts