Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get my windows tinted 35% all around front, back and rear windows. There are two good quality shops in my area. Both are quoting for me for 35% all around for about 189$ for a non high performance and around 250$ for a high performance tint. My question is, is the high performance worth the extra 60$? Does it really make a difference or look any different than a regular tint? If there is a difference, what is it? A couple of my friends got the same thing done to their cars a few years ago at the same places, one even got high performance tints for 120$ all around on his Integra at the same place that is quoting me 250$, I know prices change and go up, granted it was about 3-4 years ago, but by that much!? :dunno:

For those of you with tints what did you go with? Any input would be appreciated. I am getting them done this thursday! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Not sure what non high performance vs high performance tint is all about, but I'd be more concerned with the brand they're using. I got mine tinted at a place that uses Solar Gard window tinting film, and they've been holding up pretty well. You'll be happy with 35%, it looks great with Alabaster silver. I wish I could go darker, but I didn't want any trouble with the cops so I kept it legal.

Here's a reference pic:

I got mine tinted all around, front and back windows + rear windshield for $150, not too bad. Good luck bro! :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, yeah that looks good on your car, I like it. I'm not sure what tint they are using, but the shop I'm going to is rated highest in the state and they have two other branches in different areas, so it's clear sign they do good work. They guy was trying to persuade me into getting a silver shade when I was at the shop today, but I think the black/silver contrast would look better than silver/silver, hopefully it will look something like yours. I'm prob going to go with the regular since I have no idea what the high performance difference is, and no one else on here seems to know either, besides it will save me a little money too.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Definitely go with the black man. I was looking at the silver reflective tint they had (had 3 choices: titanium, bronze, and reflective) and it didn't look right on silver. I liked titanium (same as black in 35%) and it looked the best since it blends in with the side pillars vs them sticking out.

The shop I went to wasn't the best I've seen, but they do excellent work. All my family get their cars tinted there, plus, they offer lifetime warranty.

Does the place you're looking at have lifetime warranty as well?

Remember to post up pics! :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the place has lifetime warranty, which is good as long as they stay in business lol. And yeah the tint shops I'm looking at look like [email protected]%# holes, small run down buildings with an attached garage, but they do awesome work, and everyone I know has gone to either or..

Yes, I will post pics as soon as I get them done! :thmsup:

·
Registered
685 Posts
I got mine tinted for about $189. A good tint shop shouldnt charge you much more than $200. Just make sure they know what they are doing and a warranty is always nice. My guy gave a lifetime warranty with the product as well as the craftsmanship. 35% is perfect and definitely go for that. Not sure what difference between high performance and non high performance is though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts