Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Honda Accord 4 dr sedan, pewter exterior, light tan leather interior and am looking into tinting the windows. There is little to no tint on the windows now with the exception of a light tint strip on the windshield that I assume is factory. So far I have considered 35% all around or 35% on the front windows and 20% in the rear. I am concerned about how dark the 20% will be all over but think the 35% will be too light. With the 35/20% my thought being it would give some protection but still visibility for the driver. Any opinions/experience? Also, pictures would be great! Thanks!!

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
I have a 1998 Honda Accord 4 dr sedan, pewter exterior, light tan leather interior and am looking into tinting the windows. There is little to no tint on the windows now with the exception of a light tint strip on the windshield that I assume is factory. So far I have considered 35% all around or 35% on the front windows and 20% in the rear. I am concerned about how dark the 20% will be all over but think the 35% will be too light. With the 35/20% my thought being it would give some protection but still visibility for the driver. Any opinions/experience? Also, pictures would be great! Thanks!!

i have thirty % all around and 20% on my rear window. i enjoy it, and i can use my mirrors at night. i dont get picked on by cops or anything, it keeps my car cooler in the hot sun. yep. does your rear window have dot matrix at the top of it?

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
i as well have a tan int. cloth though :(

since imageshack is being dumb as hell. ill have to post pics later RRG

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
Not sure what that is...??

little tiny black dots in a strip about 3-4 inches wide, across the top back of the rear window, im not sure if sedans have dot matirx or not, i know my coupe does, and dot matrix cannot be tinted,so i had to put a vinyl on the exterior of my rear window to cover up the untinted strip.

my avatar is what it looks like tinted. 30% all around on pewter grey metallic would be nice, 20%-25% on the rear window is the perfect range for visibilty and functionality, from what ive found.

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
yut yut 30 up front 20 rear window. will be perfect. ask the tint shop to look through a finished car of similar darkness, see if you like it. i think you will.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it does have a moonroof, although i dont think that would make much of a difference since i can open and close the cover.

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
as for your moon roof, i would just apply the cling on tint to that. 15% works great. and you can still see the stars at night.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have a 20% tint all around. it keeps my car pretty dam cool during the arizona summer :thmsup: and it keeps my leather seats cool so i dnt burn my a#$ :lmao:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone have any photos of tint 35% in front and 20% in rear, thats what I would like to do but just not sure how it will look...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
window tinting...35% front, 20% rear????

Does anyone have any pictures of tint jobs with 35% front windows and 20% rear? I have a '98 Accord Sedan pewter exterior light tan interior and am undecided on tint shade and any help would be beneficial....

96 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have 15% all around, backing up at night can be difficult at times but it's really not that bad. I definitely wouldn't go lighter. Legal limit where I am is 30% and I've yet to be pulled over for it. I had 15% on my civic too and was never messed with either.

·
3rd Accord
65 Posts
Good way to go

Thats what I have and it is perfect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts