Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i'm looking into getting a set of window visors, preferably from Weathertech, for my sedan. I'm curious as to what are the pros and cons of having them. I like the idea of me being able to have my windows open during the rain, though i know they can't be all the way down. But I did read elsewhere that there were complaints of wind noise when the windows are closed. Has anyone experienced that with theirs? Also, does that mess up the contours of the car in terms of drag at all?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
1 con: they're not free.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Got the light-tinted Weathertechs on my 08 sedan, love them! I don't hear any additional wind noise and it looks way better than those stick-on wind visors, flows nicer, in my opinion. It's pricier than the stick-ons, but it's worth it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the helpful comment, yea i know Weathertech is a good brand ever since i bought the DigitalFit floor liners. I have read that the Weathertech logo is annoying, do you feel the same way?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Pro: Makes it harder for thieves to push your window down. You can open your windows when its hot and not worry about random stuff ending up on the inside of your car. They look good.

Con: 120 bucks? People might try to steal it, then they realized that its in channel and they kick ur car door and leave a dent?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thanks for the helpful comment, yea i know Weathertech is a good brand ever since i bought the DigitalFit floor liners. I have read that the Weathertech logo is annoying, do you feel the same way?
Well, a friend of mine has the dark tinted Weathertech visors in his Infiniti FX and the logos really stand out, which I'm not a fan of. Mine however is the light-tinted visors and they don't have the outstanding logos that the dark-tinted ones have. I'll try to take pics tomorrow, you can be the judge.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I have the dark visors on my truck and the logos don't bother me. They are stickers that can be peeled off if you don't like them, at least on mine.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Pros: Can crack windows in rain or when parked in the heat.

Cons: I'm sure they have a minor effect on the aerodynamics of the car, but it's not noticeable to me in terms of wind noise or gas mileage.

I like mine and have been thinking about getting some for my Accord.

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the opinions guys, I probably will end up getting them, though it will be a Christmas present. Now in terms of colors, there's the smoke or the black; i'm thinking black would look good on my silver accord. I honestly didn't notice a difference between smoke and black on their site, so i'm looking forward to that picture G2Nice

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I forgot to mention a pro and that is great customer service on the part of WeatherTech. I had ordered my truck's visor from them directly and one of the pieces was cracked. I called them and they shipped out a replacement part that day and did not require I send the broken part back.

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks pretty nice. So what do you guys think, smoke or black for a silver car?

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
Why weathertech and not OEM? The OEM window visors for the 7th gen look really nice. Much sleeker looking than the wheathertechs IMHO.

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just thinking Weathertech since I have their mats too. Where would i get the OEM ones from?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was just thinking Weathertech since I have their mats too. Where would i get the OEM ones from?
Uhhh..... A Honda dealer! I got mine from the dealer where I bought my Accord off of their used car lot. You might get them cheaper from one of the online parts dealers like Bernardi or HandA, and install them yourself to save on labor.

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would do it myself regardless, there's no point in me paying someone else to do it. I just didn't know if there was a special name for them besides Honda OEM visors.

·
Registered
615 Posts
That looks pretty nice. So what do you guys think, smoke or black for a silver car?
If your car isn't tinted like mine, go for the light tint. I was checking the OEM visors, not a fan in comparison to the Weathertechs.

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If your car isn't tinted like mine, go for the light tint. I was checking the OEM visors, not a fan in comparison to the Weathertechs.

What do you mean by tinted? Are you referring to the color of the car or the window tints? From the picture, it doesn't look like yours are tinted.

·
Registered
615 Posts
What do you mean by tinted? Are you referring to the color of the car or the window tints? From the picture, it doesn't look like yours are tinted.
Referring to the light tint of the Weathertechs. They have both light and dark tint options for Weathertech.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I got oem visors for my sedan as a gift last year, it's inchannel and also uses 3m tape, i believe my gf got it from collegehillshonda. its nice to have when it rains or anything and i guess to prevent theft some more...i kind of like the look more (the oem's block part of the chrome lining around the windows), whereas the weathertech doesn't? (assuming).

the oem is a pretty dark tint, goes well with the tints i already had. as far as sound or mileage problems, nothing has changed in anyway for me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts