Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys, I've got a question. Who you guys prefer the oem window visors, or none at all. Personally I like the look of the car with window visors, make it look unique and sharp. I need your guys opinion! :wave:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a set of official Honda accessory window visors on my Taffeta White 07 SE V6 on both the front and rear windows. They are black and I like how they look on my vehicle contrasting with the white color. However, I bought them not make my car look "sick" (I guess us old guys would say "cool" instead) but more for the fact that I can crack the windows during the summer and let some of the heat out of the vehicle while it is parked without having to worry about the interior being drenched by the occasional thunderstorm. You can also crack the windows while driving with them and get some air moving w/o being blown away by open windows if you don't want to use your a/c. So I got them more for practical reasons than aesthetic reasons. But yes,they also look good IMHO!

·
'03 E39 Sport - 5 Spd
1,426 Posts
I like the function of them. I go the Mugen visors and they keep the wind and water out which is crucial here in Oregon because it rains a lot. When I added the visors I felt like it killed the look of my OEM wheels, and so did my friends.
Not a huge fan of the look.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Why do you all put these on? I dont have them and I certainly dont get "rain water" in my windows and doors. I think they look like one of those accessoried-out conversion vans where they put every conceivable accessory on it they can.

BTW Im in Florida, it rains all the time here.

·
No lifetime fluids!
1,323 Posts
Because we want to. Why do you put a cold air intake on your car?

Without the visors I HAVE gotten rain inside the car. With them on I can crack the windows an inch, get fresh air, and keep snow/rain out.

Please tell me more about these magical weather anomalies that prevent water coming through open windows.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'd like to know as well mine do so well with keeping water out always had the problem of wet door panels before

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
IMHO, the ones that fit in the channel look the best.

I hate the ones that stick on the chrome part of the trim and stop at the window leaving a partial chrome finish.

If you smoke, visors are a must.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I don't smoke I just like the look. The in channels broke when I rolled the widow up then there were times when the window was like hell no and rolled back down

·
Registered
256 Posts
Because we want to. Why do you put a cold air intake on your car?

Without the visors I HAVE gotten rain inside the car. With them on I can crack the windows an inch, get fresh air, and keep snow/rain out.

Please tell me more about these magical weather anomalies that prevent water coming through open windows.
Lets see, my CAI adds (albeit minimal, but great sounding) performance, is hidden from view, and doesnt add any tackiness to the exterior of my car. I tend to keep my windows rolled up when it rains. I turn on that button that says A/C.

·
No lifetime fluids!
1,323 Posts
Lets see, my CAI adds (albeit minimal, but great sounding) performance, is hidden from view, and doesnt add any tackiness to the exterior of my car. I tend to keep my windows rolled up when it rains. I turn on that button that says A/C.
Your opinion my friend. Some of us like a little fresh air and not air pumped through the HVAC system.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Your opinion my friend. Some of us like a little fresh air and not air pumped through the HVAC system.

I need your guys opinion! :wave:
Opinion given, like the OP asked for.

Man you belong on My8thGen. Whats with you hating on a damn CAI? Since you're so into fresh air, you don't see the benefit of more fresh air going into my engine? Do you know how many members in the forum have the very simple mod of a CAI? Just because I don't see the need for window visors you start attacking me because I have a cold air intake? You're not even the OP so why so touchy? Get a life.

·
No lifetime fluids!
1,323 Posts
Lets take a look back at part of your first post today.
Why do you all put these on? I dont have them and I certainly dont get "rain water" in my windows and doors.
The whole quoted parts SCREAMS arrogance. Especially the first sentence and then putting the words rain water in quotes. First off come across a bit friendlier, it'll work out better :)

So I asked you why you put a CAI on. You gave me reasons as to why you feel that part is significant and I gave you reasons as to why I thought my part is significant. All said and done, we both had reasons for WANTING these parts.

I don't hate CAI's. It's something you put on your vehicle that you enjoy and find significant so I'm going to question it and give my opinion on it -- same as you feel about window visors. Sure, I'll admit it, I don't see the need for a CAI and would never add one. IMO, the factory airbox is fine.

That image was intended as one thing, a simple joke. You can't take a joke? Come'on jeez lighten up a bit! If you put a joke up about window visors I'd find it funny as hell. Be happy :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
You know me, just so arrogant with my 4 cyl Honda...:banana:. Factory air box is decent but K&N makes a good product. Not trying to hijack OPs post here. I feel the same way about mudguards, and side body molding as I do window visors. The function they provide is not worth the decline in aesthetic appeal that comes with it, IMO.

·
Four Doors/Three Pedals
1,410 Posts
I dig splash-guards.

They're "cool," "sick," "wicked," "crazy," "dope," and functional.

I'm also going to get some window visors for my 9th generation Accord EX as soon as they become available.

I'd really like the have the benefit of a moonroof visor, but I just can't get past the look, at least for now.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Lets take a look back at part of your first post today.

The whole quoted parts SCREAMS arrogance. Especially the first sentence and then putting the words rain water in quotes. First off come across a bit friendlier, it'll work out better :)

So I asked you why you put a CAI on. You gave me reasons as to why you feel that part is significant and I gave you reasons as to why I thought my part is significant. All said and done, we both had reasons for WANTING these parts.

I don't hate CAI's. It's something you put on your vehicle that you enjoy and find significant so I'm going to question it and give my opinion on it -- same as you feel about window visors. Sure, I'll admit it, I don't see the need for a CAI and would never add one. IMO, the factory airbox is fine.

That image was intended as one thing, a simple joke. You can't take a joke? Come'on jeez lighten up a bit! If you put a joke up about window visors I'd find it funny as hell. Be happy :)
**chuckles** I get the jokes :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts