Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Since few days now, when I open completely my driver windows and I close it automatically (press only once for automatic close), my window start going up and at the middle, the window goes down to be mostly fully open.

I tried to look around the frame if something block and I can't see anything; seems to be fine.

Any one knows if there is a "reset" procedure for the automatic open/close? I would like to try this before going to my dealer "who is open only when I work".

Thanks

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Yes, take the car to the dealer and get it repaired under the warrantee. Does it work on the other windows?

·
Registered
834 Posts
I had that same exact problem on my 8th Gen coupe. It was intermittent but quite annoying. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the window switch under warranty no questions asked.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you have tint on your windows? This exact same thing happened to my wife's 2010 Pilot. Dealer tried to blame it on the tint. However the passenger front had no issues at all. After back and forth a few times (they greased the tracks and did some internal adjusting) it still didn't work properly so they replaced the motor.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I have tinted windows, installed by the dealer. So if they start using this argument... well.... wrong person lol

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
My TSX used to do this, only when it was cold out though. Could be the tint.

·
CVT
514 Posts
if it was a dealer installed tint then it shouldn't be a problem. had a similar issue with my civic. they fixed it with no questions asked.

·
Registered
834 Posts
It is not the tint. The switch is malfunctioning. Have the dealer replace it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi,

Since few days now, when I open completely my driver windows and I close it automatically (press only once for automatic close), my window start going up and at the middle, the window goes down to be mostly fully open.

I tried to look around the frame if something block and I can't see anything; seems to be fine.

Any one knows if there is a "reset" procedure for the automatic open/close? I would like to try this before going to my dealer "who is open only when I work".

Thanks
You can try this.. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=649497&postcount=1 The beauty of the search feature. Should work for G9 too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can try this.. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=649497&postcount=1 The beauty of the search feature. Should work for G9 too.
i'll confirm that this works. it's worked on every honda i've ever had that had the auto up/down windows.

basically, it works by resetting the where upper position of the window is set. if you perform this reset and the window still refuses to go up, then take it to the dealer. usually the window will only go back down when it detects an obstruction, i.e. it thinks it hit something and reverses to prevent pinching

1 - 12 of 12 Posts