Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've noticed that my windows streak after a rain or car wash (2015 Sport.) After the first time I figured I should let the car dry, so I didn't roll down the windows for 6 hours. Then - the windows streaked anyway! (If the windows are left alone for a very long time they will not streak.)

What's going on? My other cars don't do this.

I bought a used Tundra and the driver's window had this problem. I ended up ripping out the old window seals and replacing them - problem solved. However with my brand new Accord I'm reluctant to pop the door panel and being breaking plastic tabs :wink

Note: I had tint installed about a month ago. This shop is very reputable and works on everything from civics to Maseratis. I had another car done by them - no streaking there.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hello,

I've noticed that my windows streak after a rain or car wash (2015 Sport.) After the first time I figured I should let the car dry, so I didn't roll down the windows for 6 hours. Then - the windows streaked anyway! (If the windows are left alone for a very long time they will not streak.)

What's going on? My other cars don't do this.

I bought a used Tundra and the driver's window had this problem. I ended up ripping out the old window seals and replacing them - problem solved. However with my brand new Accord I'm reluctant to pop the door panel and being breaking plastic tabs :wink

Note: I had tint installed about a month ago. This shop is very reputable and works on everything from civics to Maseratis. I had another car done by them - no streaking there.
Replace the seals.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the same problem after a car wash. I just don't open them up after I get it washed for a little while. I have a 2014 sport

·
Elvira - the car
3,509 Posts
I have the 2013 MY and still get the streaks and lines across the side windows to this day. I really believe there is some "protectant" on the seals that does not dry. Probably a good thing for the seals life but a PITA for keeping the windows pristine.

There also must be some sort of hydrophobic application on the windows from the factory since the rain beads and flies off when driving at speed. I never put it on so that's my guess. Almost three years and it still does it.

When the two mix in the rain or washing process the lines appear.

Just wipe them down with a microfiber cloth as it appears and all will be OK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I took a week long road trip in another car and it rained every day. I noticed that the outside of the windows gets wet the felt seal - but as soon as the smear dries there is no residual stain. On my Accord there is a milky film where the smear was.

*shrug* Guess I'll have to use my T-shirt on it.

·
2014 Accord EX white
208 Posts
i had this problem with every car i encountered or owned...

it is pretty much known all around that you shouldnt roll down your windows after a wash

try cleaning it because maybe some kind of solution got on it and is preventing the water from drying up or something along those lines

·
Registered
377 Posts
Use Aquapel

I use Aquapel on all the glass on my car and never have a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts