Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started this week when I ran out of windshield washer fluid during a snowstorm. I actually didn't notice that anything was frozen at that point but I went to NAPA auto parts and bought Rain-X de-icer windshield washer fluid and filled up my tank which was by all appearances empty. After doing that I've tested it numerous times and I can't get any fluid to come out of the nozzles.

I've cleaned out all the ice from along the windshield area so there's no obvious ice blocking the nozzles. I can hear the pump run.

I live in PA and we've been having a major cold spell. It's hardly been above 20 degrees since this started. I don't have a garage to keep/put my car in so there's no way for me to warm it up to see if the problem thaws out. And the weather predictions don't look good.

I've done several runs in this time frame where I drove for more than an hour which warmed the car up fairly good, but still nothing coming out of the nozzles.

This morning I tried dumping hot water in the nozzle area as well as on the rubber lines. I had a hard time getting the water into any place that was likely to make much difference and I resorted to just sort of "throwing" the water in the general area of the tank and hoses coming up from the tank. It didn't work.

What's a good way for me to troubleshoot this? Is it mostly likely that the nozzles are frozen or is there some chance that my lines are frozen or maybe area where the fluid comes out of the tank (which I can't see)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Question Answered

I got my question answered. I used a sharp, straight pin (the kind used in sewing) to make sure the holes in the jets were not clogged. Next I removed the rubber line coming up from the reservoir where it connects to the Y up near the firewall on the passenger side. Then I dumped warm water down that rubber line. After that I was able to spray windshield washer fluid like normal.

·
Super Moderator
7,850 Posts
That's good to hear, since the other possibility is a burnt out washer fluid pump, which happened to me a month after I got the car back in 2007, however it was covered under factory warranty, the front bumper would have to be removed for the pump replacement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts