Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had this problem before with my previous car having heated washer nozzles (what a clever idea that i totally took for granted) now on my Accord the dam things are frozen solid and i cant clean my windshield , thats a big problem if you ask me in the winter, what does everyone do> :dunno:

Oh and dont even get me started on how bad the latitude rain-x wipers blades are in the sub degree temps, they state they do get frozen, think again, worst blades out on the market, buyer beware!

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
This happens to me occasionally. Once the car warms up, they thaw out pretty quickly and start to work again. Maybe try a wiper fluid with a lower temp rating?

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its been 23 degrees for two days now... no thawing possible at these temps even with the car warm, the things don't even spit a smidgen of fluid thats how frozen they really are ...funny thing was Sunday was 55 degrees out, they worked than :lmao:

One of the worst sounds is your dry frozen wipers trying to scrub the window w/o fluid yikes ..:paranoid:

I'll look into the fluid, funny how you never think that matters, until something like this occurs -

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,457 Posts
Its been 23 degrees for two days now... no thawing possible at these temps even with the car warm, the things don't even spit a smidgen of fluid thats how frozen they really are ...funny thing was Sunday was 55 degrees out, they worked than :lmao:

One of the worst sounds is your dry frozen wipers trying to scrub the window w/o fluid yikes ..:paranoid:

I'll look into the fluid, funny how you never think that matters, until something like this occurs -
with an inch of road salt helping to scratch ur windshield, right?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Never had this problem before with my previous car having heated washer nozzles (what a clever idea that i totally took for granted) now on my Accord the dam things are frozen solid and i cant clean my windshield , thats a big problem if you ask me in the winter, what does everyone do> :dunno:

Oh and dont even get me started on how bad the latitude rain-x wipers blades are in the sub degree temps, they state they do get frozen, think again, worst blades out on the market, buyer beware!
Why not use windshield washer fluid that doesn't freeze until -40? That's all I use.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
I've always used RAIN-X winter washer fluid, works really well, I also make sure to clean out the snow at the base of windshield so that they don't cover and freeze over the nozzles.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
lol, my driver window was frozen closed today...

I've always used RAIN-X winter washer fluid, works really well, I also make sure to clean out the snow at the base of windshield so that they don't cover and freeze over the nozzles.
x2, I use this and never had an issue.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,457 Posts
i had used the rain-x washer fluid for years, but i stopped using it. it tends to clog up the nozzles over time.....

had the issue with the 93, the JDM ody in japan, and the 99.... haven't used it in the 07, and don't plan on it either....

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I use the rain-X washer fluid for several years with no problems.

Try parking inside someones garage (or a parking garage) for a little while.

Once you get to work I would drain it and get a decient fluid.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This happens every winter to a friend's 2005 CR-V. Taking a hairdryer to the nozzles until they are hot to the touch has always taken care of it, at least until the next snow storm. The fluid itself has never been frozen. It seems like the problem is snow melting on the base of the windshield under direct sunlight that re-freeezes on the nozzles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts