Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been having a problem with these for a while, im not sure if its the motor or transmission linkage, when the wipers are on the they move up and down fine, but as soon as you hit the faster wiper speeds they start hitting both the bottom plastics and the side of the windshield on the upward motion, i took the arms off and they are stripped, but im not sure if its just the transmission linkage or motor, or both, i can provide video if necessary

·
2006 Accord EX-L i4 4D
229 Posts
Since they hit on both sides and not just one, that would indicate that there's slack somewhere in the system - they're moving more freely than they should be.

Not sure what exactly is stripped, but that sounds like it could be the cause. I haven't heard of many people having a motor blow out unless you abuse it (ex. leave the wipers on when you're warming up your snow-covered car and they can't move)

·
Registered
204 Posts
been having the same issue for quite some time, mind if i ask what kind of wipers you have? i have bosch once there worn down ima try the OEM i think maybe those aftermarkets might be just a bit over sized.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, because i just went out and checked if the motor moves faster than the arms (cause stripped) but they dont, the spline shaft and arms move in the same speed

I had duralast for 4 years, they just recently wore out now i got bosch icons i love em, but they dont affect ur motor or linkage at all

Ill post a video once its done processing

When wipers are in park position too, i can move them a good couple inches im not sure if play is good lol?

another vid

I was able to find this thread on the same problem, so im guessing its same with me

http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t=38143

Yea it was the transmission linkage bushing, so for any of you that have this problem, here ya go

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,396 Posts
i was going to suggest to check the bushings, but you already fixed it... :wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts