Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Honda website allows the X Package II (included the wing spoiler) to be added to the Sport (which already comes with a deck lid spoiler). The dealer tells me they will install the wing spoiler OVER the existing decklid spoiler to accommodate this package. First of all, does anyone know if that's possible? I think that'd look stupid as hell if they could anyway...

Is there any way of getting the Sport with the Wing spoiler only?

·
Registered
652 Posts
It should be possible because the lip spoiler sits down far enough to where it shouldn't get in the way of installing the wing but how it would look i don't know. Every sport comes with a lip spoiler and they're surely not going to remove it and expose at least 5 holes from the bolts that are securing the lip spoiler to the trunk.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
The Honda website allows the X Package II (included the wing spoiler) to be added to the Sport (which already comes with a deck lid spoiler). The dealer tells me they will install the wing spoiler OVER the existing decklid spoiler to accommodate this package. First of all, does anyone know if that's possible? I think that'd look stupid as hell if they could anyway...

Is there any way of getting the Sport with the Wing spoiler only?
Not possible to get a sport without the lip spoiler. The lip spoiler sits flush with the trunk lid so it would not interfere with the other one.

I think the wing spoiler looks hideous... but that wasn't the question lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I'm better off not getting the wing till I see one in person then make a decision. Don't want my classy Accord to look like a rice burner with wings.
Funny how a "sporty" accessory is available for all Accords except the Sport model! ...As is the lack of a V6, but don't even!

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've never had one, but wing spoilers sure look like they'd be a pita when washing the car.
Not bad when washing but in the winter for us who get a lot of snow it makes it a bit harder to clean the snow off the trunk because it gets jammed between the spoiler. I have one on my 99 Accord installed by the dealer when it was new.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Think I'm better off not getting the wing till I see one in person then make a decision. Don't want my classy Accord to look like a rice burner with wings.
Funny how a "sporty" accessory is available for all Accords except the Sport model! ...As is the lack of a V6, but don't even!
I wish they had a rear wing for accord coupe v6. You only are able to get the deck spoiler. And for aftermarket there is only 2 manufacturers that make a rear wing and they look the same.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It's not a Sport model but here's a picture of a lip spoiler/wing spoiler combo on a Accord V6 I found while searching the web awhile back. This is NOT my car.

#downforce

Attachments

·
No PRND
749 Posts
The wing spoiler simply does not fit the sedan, with or without the lip spoiler. Its a clear afterthought, thrown in there to try and make a buck.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
No thanks, I'll pass on that "modification" it really is ugly. But I guess ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
652 Posts
It's not a Sport model but here's a picture of a lip spoiler/wing spoiler combo on a Accord V6 I found while searching the web awhile back. This is NOT my car.
Everyone knows that's your vehicle. There's nothing to be ashamed of we all make mistakes :D

·
Registered
583 Posts
haha, no. The only accessory mistake I made with my car was the underbody spoiler kit, which I later removed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

#downforce
Barf.
Good thing I didn't get it! But I am getting the Aero Kit and Sport Grille (X-package I)

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,471 Posts
it's not a sport model but here's a picture of a lip spoiler/wing spoiler combo on a accord v6 i found while searching the web awhile back. This is not my car.

#downforce
smh

·
Registered
583 Posts
I wasn't 100% sure I wanted it in the first place, but on an impulse I bought it anyway, then I couldn't get used to the look, and I thought it looked silly with my 17" snow tire setup so I removed the entire kit and put into storage in case I ever change my mind

1 - 20 of 21 Posts