Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I have a 2013 Accord Sport that I bought back in November of 2012. From day one, my winshield wipers have been streaking terribly in the rain. I tried to clean the wiper blades and winshield several times but it does not help with the streaking. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the inserts, which now creates smaller but more numerous streaks. The dealer said that if this does not solve the problem they may have to change the windhsield altogether. Has anyone faced this issue with their accord and what was your outcome? What relationship does the windshield have with streaking if the wipers themselves are clean and new? I wouldn't expect a new car to have this bad of a streaking problem. Thanks in advance.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,609 Posts
After you get things streak free you should use a washer fluid with detergent. I've used such a fluid for decades and I never have any streaks.

I also avoid fluids that claim they leave a "repellant film". I find such films always cause streaks.

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
I have that problem with my 2013 Accord EX 6MT.

It seems to be getting worse.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,622 Posts
I also avoid fluids that claim they leave a "repellant film". I find such films always cause streaks.
do you use any kind of repellant at all, such at PIAA super silicone wipers? or, do you go without it altogether?

·
No lifetime fluids!
1,019 Posts
Take it to a good body shop and have them compound polish the windshield...it should your problem...if you have an orbital, you can do it yourself with special glass pads:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/glass-polishing-pads.html
I looked into polishing glass to remove water spots and other junk and saw griots glass polish. Is that a decent product to use or do you recommend something else?

Thanks.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,609 Posts
do you use any kind of repellant at all, such at PIAA super silicone wipers? or, do you go without it altogether?
No repellant at all. Just plain OEM wipers and a good detergent washer fluid. I've been streak free for over 30 years.

·
Retired from Car Biz....
7,293 Posts
I looked into polishing glass to remove water spots and other junk and saw griots glass polish. Is that a decent product to use or do you recommend something else?

Thanks.
never used griots, used Meg's Ultimate polish or Menzerna 4500.. but if it was bad, I'd start with Megs Ultimate Compound

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
If you clean your windshield well and then apply a coat of Rain-X every month or so, this should solve your streaking problems. In fact, you'll hardly have to use your wipers at all in the rain.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I remember seeing a question on one of the many surveys I received from Honda about what the customer thinks about the wipers. I guess alot of people are not happy with the wipers, including myself.

The wipers do wipe the water away just fine but there are these spots that stay on the windshield, kind of like water spots on paint. May try the polish on the glass and see where that goes.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
By Aquapel it works great and clean the rubber contact on the wiper, that'll help the streak problem

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,622 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Rain X - Not!

Never use Rain-X, as it caused my Pilot wipers to chatter excessively on the windshield. In order to stop the chatter, I had to remove the film Rain-X left behind

·
matt
276 Posts
The streaking area isn't by any chance right in your line of sight is it? It's pouring now and there's this annoying water sport arch thing that I notice now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The streaking area isn't by any chance right in your line of sight is it? It's pouring now and there's this annoying water sport arch thing that I notice now.
I get the same thing...so annoying its like a 2 inch wide arch right in my line of sight... :dunno:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts