Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

So I just came back from Honda for my winter tire install (20$ at the dealer), they came back saying I needed to replace the upper left control arm (ball joint loose). My car just turned 100k (04 lx) is this normal? should I be concerned they are trying to make money off me?? the car just had the type E service done..2000KM ago..they didn`t say anything then..They quoted me $360 plus taxes

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
Yes it can be normal for them to go bad. You can do it yourself quite easily. Only 3 bolts hold it in place.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your info. Its odd that its only 2 side. He said he wrote down dangerously loose so I wouldn`t forget about it..he said I can wait a few months..

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Get a second opinion if you don't feel comfortable, or get the tech to show how it's loose, i.e. clunking or visible unusual movement.

It's worth looking into since you don't want to find out while driving when the ball joint pops out completely, it won't be pretty.

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
He said he wrote down dangerously loose so I wouldn`t forget about it..he said I can wait a few months..
If it's dangerously loose they shouldn't have let you leave. If it breaks or falls off completely you WILL loose control of your car.

It's worth looking into since you don't want to find out while driving when the ball joint pops out completely, it won't be pretty.
^This.

·
Motor City
707 Posts
I would get it fixed... but not with the dealership if your not under warranty which I'm guessing your not. Go check out some local mechanic prices should be wayyy cheaper

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the feedback. Just wondering how many of you with a 7th gene have had to replace your upper control arm ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts