Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi, another wheel noobie here. Is it possible to get 215/55/17 for 2019 EX-L with 17" OEM tires. I see a lot of discussion for sports and touring which has 19" OEM tires (maybe I might have missed the discussion for 17").
Yes, that’s the size of the tires I just ordered. Granted I ordered separate wheels as well, but you could mount them on the OEM 17” wheels too. Pretty sure 215’s are good up to 7.5” wide wheels. For winter though you’d want a bit more sidewall cushion though vs stretched.

These are the tires caseyls and I just ordered, though that model has been discontinued in favor of the slightly more expensive WS90. To be clear any winter/snow specific tire will outperform an all season tire in cold/icy/snowy/slushy conditions. I happen to like the Blizzaks enough that this will be my fourth set. I still have set for my Mazda 5 which will be going back on this season, and a second set of 205/55r16 from the Mazda 3 my HAH replaced I’m trying to sell since I can’t fit them over the brakes on my hybrid.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So would a steel wheel from a 2014 accord fit a 2019 sport.
Tire: 215/55R17
Rim: 7.5Jx17 ET55
Bolt pattern: 5x114.3
Center bore: 64.1

UPDATE:

Well I ordered some Champiro Ice Pro 's and some Liquid Metal wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if 16" wheels will work for the EX trim? I would assume so since the compact spare is 16", guess I am just looking for some confirmation. First time buying winter wheels/tires for any vehicle. I was looking at steel hubs measuring 16" x 6.5" x +41mm offset with 205/60R16 tires.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So would a steel wheel from a 2014 accord fit a 2019 sport.
Tire: 215/55R17
Rim: 7.5Jx17 ET55
Bolt pattern: 5x114.3
Center bore: 64.1
Yup, that will fit fine.

Does anyone know if 16" wheels will work for the EX trim? I would assume so since the compact spare is 16", guess I am just looking for some confirmation. First time buying winter wheels/tires for any vehicle. I was looking at steel hubs measuring 16" x 6.5" x +41mm offset with 205/60R16 tires.
I think 16” work on the non-hybrid, non-sport/sport-touring models. Those ones have larger brakes. I know the brakes got bigger on the hybrid between 18 and 19, and 16” did fit on the ‘18 HAH.

That tire size is within 0.8% of the stock tire diameter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think 16” work on the non-hybrid, non-sport/sport-touring models. Those ones have larger brakes. I know the brakes got bigger on the hybrid between 18 and 19, and 16” did fit on the ‘18 HAH.

That tire size is within 0.8% of the stock tire diameter. If you’re in the DC area I have a set of slightly smaller 16” wheels/tires for sale. 205/55r16, so the speedometer would be off 1-2mph.
Yeah, I just have a 2019 gas EX, not hybrid.

Also, not in the DC area or I might take you up on the offer. Thanks though.

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
i just put some winter tires on my 2.0 sport. Downgraded to a 17in wheel and put on 225/55/17 michelin x-ice xi3. I think the tire shop put the tires to 32 psi but does anyone know what tire pressure 17in wheels should be on a 2.0 sport that comes with 19in wheel? stock is 33psi

·
Registered
436 Posts
Was working on a wheel/tire package on tirerack yesterday - they had blizzak on closeout (20 in stock) @$124

Went to wrap it up today and now out of stock ??

·
Registered
111 Posts
i just put some winter tires on my 2.0 sport. Downgraded to a 17in wheel and put on 225/55/17 michelin x-ice xi3. I think the tire shop put the tires to 32 psi but does anyone know what tire pressure 17in wheels should be on a 2.0 sport that comes with 19in wheel? stock is 33psi
check the sidewall of the tire. Likely anywhere from 30-35 with a max of 40 I’m guessing.

Was working on a wheel/tire package on tirerack yesterday - they had blizzak on closeout (20 in stock) @$124

Went to wrap it up today and now out of stock ??
yeah several of us had that issue. I managed to get them because they had 7 in stock in Las Vegas, but they only show available tires based on your closest warehouse. Next guy behind me was presented with them only having three left.

·
Registered
436 Posts
yeah several of us had that issue. I managed to get them because they had 7 in stock in Las Vegas, but they only show available tires based on your closest warehouse. Next guy behind me was presented with them only having three left.
I'll give them a call or email tomorrow to what they got around me.

Anyone have experience with Nokian Hakkapeliitta?

Any pros/cons with using a studdable vs studless tire? I read somewhere that if you drove on studdable that the holes would fill up and cause less traction, is this true? It was only 1 person saying this never saw anywhere else that it was an issue. (Studdable was about $20 less per tire)

Btw I will not be putting studs in them

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the 2.0 Touring was wondering if I could just swap tires on the OEM rims I have for the winter setup?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the 2.0 Touring was wondering if I could just swap tires on the OEM rims I have for the winter setup?
you absolutely can, you’ll just be paying to mount/remount tires twice a season. Plus depending on if you have larger wheels the tires may be more expensive than less expensive 17” tires. Steelies in 17” are about $80/ea. You can probably find cheap used wheels for that much or less if you search around enough.

Check what mounting will cost you in your area. Last I checked was about $20/wheel. So $40/wheel for the season. My experience with my current blizzaks is at least four seasons of use with tread life still remaining, so mounting/remounting for me would cost more than the steel wheels. YMMV.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does anyone know a good center wheel, or lug nut cover that will fit on the generic steel wheels tire rack sells? I’d love something to cover up the center/lugs, but would take an inexpensive center cap option too.

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
i was looking at steels as well cheapest i found them locally they were $56 but i didnt end up buying tires from them and wasnt driving out that way for those. DiscountTire was cheapest for the tires with rebates as well, their steels were like $89, so i paid the extra $5 for an actual wheel.

Still waiting on the tires to arrive, had to be shipped from NJ for some reason instead of the denver warehouse

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know how much road salting you get in your area but those open ended lug-nuts are going to cause you to have a bad time in the spring eventually. Trust me.

Just had tirerack steel wheels and WS80 Blizzaks 225/50R-17 put onto my 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring.

Works great looks fine. View attachment 517157

·
Registered
111 Posts
Grr. Ordered a set of amazon center caps and the clips are about 1mm too small. Ordered a different set to try out but trying to decide if I want to glue these ones to the wheels.

Second set of center caps i ordered fit my tire rack wheels perfectly. Probably throwing them on next week, so I’ll confirm there are no issues with them against the hub then. I also ordered some chromed vinyl lug nut covers to go over the open lug nuts. Those haven’t arrived yet.

141 - 160 of 173 Posts