Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Second set of center caps i ordered fit my tire rack wheels perfectly. Probably throwing them on next week, so I’ll confirm there are no issues with them against the hub then. I also ordered some chromed vinyl lug nut covers to go over the open lug nuts. Those haven’t arrived yet.
View attachment 517431
@icspots Do you have amazon order info for the set that fits?

Much appreciated in advance.

·
Registered
132 Posts

as long as its cool to put amazon links on here without pissing people off, then yes I’ll share later on.
I still haven’t put my wheels on to confirm the clips don’t have issues with the clips against the hub.
Anyone with tire rack steelies able to comment if the hub fits flush with the center bore? I know on my Mazda with the same wheels the hub sits flush inside the center bore, so there’s no clearance for cap clips.

4pc 74mm/65mm Chrome Finished Car Wheel Hub Center Caps Amazon.com: 4pc 74mm/65mm Chrome Finished Car Wheel Hub Center Caps: Automotive

These are the center caps which popped right into my tire rack wheels. Looking at your pictures in your other thread it looks like there isn’t any space between the hub and the center bore of the wheel to accommodate the clips which hold these on. Again, I’ll need to see how things look when I mount my wheels...... the temps jumped up into the 60’s today in VA, so I’m not in a rush to throw them on. I’m considering gluing them in place with silicone, then breaking the clips off once it’s cured if the clips interfere.

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Accord Sport CBP
37 Posts
Will be purchasing a 19' Accord Sport 1.5 next week due to an accident that totaled my 13' Accord Sport. I 16" snow tires on them at time of accident and still have the OEM 18" rims in my garage. Was looking to get snow tires for the 18's (rims) and put it on the 19' Accord Sport. Was wondering if this would be a good fit on the 19' Accord Sport without any modification to it. Should I stick to the P235/45R18 or go to a P225 instead? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Will be purchasing a 19' Accord Sport 1.5 next week due to an accident that totaled my 13' Accord Sport. I 16" snow tires on them at time of accident and still have the OEM 18" rims in my garage. Was looking to get snow tires for the 18's (rims) and put it on the 19' Accord Sport. Was wondering if this would be a good fit on the 19' Accord Sport without any modification to it. Should I stick to the P235/45R18 or go to a P225 instead? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
generally good to go narrower for snow. Not that there’s a huge difference between the sizes.

Absolutely no space for the clips of these caps.
would you say the outer edge of the hub sits flush with the outer surface of the wheel? Would a flat surface stuck to the wheel (and thus 1-2mm above the wheel surface be obstructed by the hub?

My current thought is to put a thin strip of VHB tape around the outer flat edge of my caps, insert them into the wheels, let the clips hold them in place until the glue is fully set, then cut the clips off of the caps. I wonder if I might need to score the clips with a utility knife before installing them to make removing the clips easier. I could cut them off ahead of time, but I’d like the clips to get the cap centered. I suppose I could cut off several of the clips and leave just a few to do the job of holding it centered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my winter set on for a while now so I thought I'd share. I went with 225/55R17 Blizzak WS90 on 17x7.5" 38mm offset. They are slightly larger than the stock 19's (Touring 2.0) at 26.63" diameter vs 26.32" but I don't have any rubbing. So far the WS90 have been amazing even compared to other snow tires that I have owned.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Had my winter set on for a while now so I thought I'd share. I went with 225/55R17 Blizzak WS90 on 17x7.5" 38mm offset. They are slightly larger than the stock 19's (Touring 2.0) at 26.63" diameter vs 26.32" but I don't have any rubbing. So far the WS90 have been amazing even compared to other snow tires that I have owned.
I probably would’ve sprung for the WS90’s as well if they hadn’t been $160 more than the close out WS80’s.

Three clips cut off, and 1/8” VHB tape applied.

cap installed in wheel (pre clip cut off)

cap installed, vinyl nut covers placed for visual only. I’ll post up more pics once they’re mounted this afternoon.

nothing like installing wheels while it’s snowing. I like the understated bling look. Center caps don’t interfere with the hubs at all.

·
1,927 Posts
I've just put about 1,100 miles on a set of Continental VikingContact 7s in 225/50-17 on my 2019 EX-L 1.5T. Limited experience on a day with about 1/2" of ice and they did great. They real story so far is how they behave on dry roads and the highway. These are mounted on MSW Type 71 wheels, so there are no wheel resonators, yet these things are really quiet - virtual;y as quiet as the OEM Hankooks. They handle very well, with none of the squirm I associated with Blizzaks. I previously had run General Altimax Arctics, which wear exceptionally well and give great ice and snow performance at a good price. The jury is out on how long the Contis will last, but they are a very refined winter tire.

Reactions: icspots

·
Registered
441 Posts
well i am 1800 miles in on the Blizzaks, and we've probably had maybe a total of 6 days worth of legitimate "winter" conditions to drive on.

The worst during this time was probably the .5 mile i had to drive out of my neighborhood which was not plowed one morning, had about 4-5in of fresh snow on the ground. Handled this with ease, and a few other mornings worth mentioning had a little bit of ice down. Tires stopped pretty quick considering once i slammed on them going about 35mph approaching a major intersection (light changed), very minor slip starting from a stop sign and turning from a stop sign.

Worth it for sure, i just hate that i sprung for them and we havent had a winter to show for it (even though i hate how long winter lasts and bad it can get here in Montana)

·
Registered
2013 Accord Sport CBP
37 Posts
Update: I took off the stock 19" tires off my 19' Accord Sport last weekend so that I could black out the chrome on the rims. I put the 18" tires from my 13' Accord Sport for the day and drove the car around while the black vinyl was adhering to the rims. The 18" tires drove fine. I have Pirelli Cinturato All Season tires on them and it seemed to do the job. They are just over a year and a half old so there is a lot of tread life left. Looking to get snow tires for the 18's and may try to sell the Pirellis.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update: I took off the stock 19" tires off my 19' Accord Sport last weekend so that I could black out the chrome on the rims. I put the 18" tires from my 13' Accord Sport for the day and drove the car around while the black vinyl was adhering to the rims. The 18" tires drove fine. I have Pirelli Cinturato All Season tires on them and it seemed to do the job. They are just over a year and a half old so there is a lot of tread life left. Looking to get snow tires for the 18's and may try to sell the Pirellis.
Got a picture with the 18" rims?

·
Banned
14,431 Posts
Update: I took off the stock 19" tires off my 19' Accord Sport last weekend so that I could black out the chrome on the rims. I put the 18" tires from my 13' Accord Sport for the day and drove the car around
I think 18" rims on a 13 foot Accord would look ridiculous.

Reactions: Chad T

·
Registered
354 Posts
I recently purchased a new 2019 Sport 2.0t with the 19" wheels and I'm trying to be proactive knowing that winter is coming and living in Wisconsin means that I should definitely go with a set of winter-specific tires and rims. I'm not liking the look of steel wheels so I'm trying to figure out options. I'd much rather stay with OEM rims and I have found a bunch of examples of both 17" and 18" rims from the Gen 9.5 Accords that I think would look nice for a winter setup.
I don't know much about wheels and tires- so I would appreciate anyone's expertise in selecting the best tire for these two possibilities:

2016/17 Accord Coupe 18x8" EX/EXL Wheels:

2016/17 Accord 17x7.5" EX/EXL Wheels:

I prefer the 18" rims. Would a 235/45R18 work best? Does anyone know if anything else would be required considering that both of these options are OEM rims? Would the car's computer have to be programmed for the 18" tire compared to the 19" tire in order to ensure that the TPMS light doesn't illuminate?

Thank you for any advice. I know that winter is still six or seven months away- but I'd rather get this done before fall when everyone else will be trying to get winter tires.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The 9.5 Gen Accord Coupe 18" wheels do look pretty cool to me, but the one problem I find with them is the offset is 55mm. You got the 235/45R18 tire size right, but with a 55mm offset on an 18x8 rim, they're going to stick in more than the stock 19s. They should work just fine though.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The 9.5 Gen Accord Coupe 18" wheels do look pretty cool to me, but the one problem I find with them is the offset is 55mm. You got the 235/45R18 tire size right, but with a 55mm offset on an 18x8 rim, they're going to stick in more than the stock 19s. They should work just fine though.

View attachment 521509
Thanks for your response. I can deal with the rims being about a half inch less pronounced (sticking out) than the stock rims as long as it doesn't pose any other problems with the drivability.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for your response. I can deal with the rims being about a half inch less pronounced (sticking out) than the stock rims as long as it doesn't pose any other problems with the drivability.
I've seen someone put on 9th Gen 18" Sport wheels (which also are 55mm offset) that don't look bad I suppose. It's just that you see many get 35mm offset wheels for that "flush" look, which I can say I do find appealing as well. But yeah if you do end up getting the 9.5 Gen Couple wheels, please post pictures.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Having the wheels tucked in a bit might actually work out better for the winter setup. Less muck splashing up on the side of the car.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Made an appt 2 weeks ago to put the winters on today. This morning got a decent amount of snow, prob got bout 3-4 inches by the end of the day

·
Registered
2013 Accord Sport CBP
37 Posts
Here is a pic of the 18" rims from the 2013 Accord Sport
20200529_074129.jpg

Here is a pic with the blacked out chrome on the original 19"'s

20200415_130750.jpg

The 18's will work for snow tires - just a waste of the Pirellis on the 18's that are on there now.

161 - 179 of 179 Posts