Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
2013 Sport
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might go with 16" steelies and tires. Does anyone know what the process/cost is to get our cars recalibrated?

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
No lifetime fluids!
1,019 Posts
As long as you're running a 215/60/16 tire on 16" steelies, there is no calibration needed. You will still have a comparable size to your 18" tires.

·
Registered
133 Posts
As long as you're running a 215/60/16 tire on 16" steelies, there is no calibration needed. You will still have a comparable size to your 18" tires.
What he said. I run 18s in summer and 16s in winter. Just go on tire rack and do a winter tire search for your car. It will show you your useable sizes with no need for calibration.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
2013 Sport
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes sense now, I was misunderstanding aspect. Found the formula on pepboys.com and it all clicked afterwards. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Can I run 205/60 tires on 16" wheels? Or do I need 215/60 tires?

·
No lifetime fluids!
1,019 Posts
Yes you can. Your speedometer will be a little off but they will mount and work OK.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Went to tire rack and found a 16" steelie/Bridgestone Blizzak combo for a decent price. Blizzaks are kickass snow tires!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Unfortunately Goodyear discontinued high performance winter tires (Ultra Grip GW3) of compatible size which I used for years before on two previous cars. I settled for Michelin X-Ice Xi3. Oh boy, what's the difference. Michelin have much softer sidewall and do not handle in corners as good as Goodyear. So read reviews and choose right tire for you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I also got Michelin Xi3's installed. Happy with them so far. I find visually that they don't look as beefy or tready as other winter tires I see, but seem to do the trick. Good traction and I think pretty decent in dry conditions also.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I also got Michelin Xi3's installed. Happy with them so far. I find visually that they don't look as beefy or tready as other winter tires I see, but seem to do the trick. Good traction and I think pretty decent in dry conditions also.
Yes, they have good traction but not so good handling in corners.
I feel an under-steer on them and that is no good. :thumbsdow

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Unfortunately Goodyear discontinued high performance winter tires (Ultra Grip GW3) of compatible size which I used for years before on two previous cars. I settled for Michelin X-Ice Xi3. Oh boy, what's the difference. Michelin have much softer sidewall and do not handle in corners as good as Goodyear. So read reviews and choose right tire for you.
The GY UGI WRT is great, see if you can do a 30-day swap out. I love them on my Accord. I forget that I am on a snow tire.

Jay

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
I am running 225/70-16 from my 04 MDX that used 02 Ody steelies.

They are big but they fit and are already paid for. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=155433"]Here

No calibration is needed even with the wrong size because our system uses rotational differences to determine low PSI. If all 4 tires are the same size and have the same PSI, then the TPMS will not detect any rotational differences and will not flash the light.

·
Registered
68 Posts
215/60/16 did need a re calibrate button coming from 235/45/18 sport wheels. very sensitive indeed.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The GY UGI WRT is great, see if you can do a 30-day swap out. I love them on my Accord. I forget that I am on a snow tire.

Jay
Don't see how they may perform better than Michelin X-Ice if their speed rating is between S and T? :dunno:

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Don't see how they may perform better than Michelin X-Ice if their speed rating is between S and T? :dunno:
Ok. Keep on trucking with your mushy Michelins.

Jay :)

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Not sure if speed ratings mean anything on a snow tire. Really, who is getting up to 112, 130, or 150.

Grip, wet, ice, and snow braking is what is important with a snow tire, not whether it is T, S, H, V, Z, or W.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Not sure if speed ratings mean anything on a snow tire. Really, who is getting up to 112, 130, or 150.

Grip, wet, ice, and snow braking is what is important with a snow tire, not whether it is T, S, H, V, Z, or W.
Usually the higher rating the better car handling.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts