Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a difficult time with removing the windshield wiper arms (one nut). I have heard that you need to pry them up but problem with that is that it seems to scratch the valance below it. Any ideas? Also wanting to remove the valance and spray both the wiper arms and valance with plasti dip to return them to black instead of the sun based gray marred color.

2007 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe V6 6 Speed

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
I'm all for feeding PlastiDip addiction, but have you thought about using "WipeNew" ?

I used some about two months ago on all the exposed black on my ride and my wife's CRV ...The bottle was only about $10 at the store ... None of the wipers or trim, not even the door handles on the CRV, have needed to be "touched up" since.

It's cheaper than a can of 'dip ... just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
6,902 Posts
You can remove the plastic valance without removing the wiper arms, you just have to lift up the arms. But plasti dip isn't going to fix fading from sun. Even plasti dip will fade from sun. I suggest if it really bugs you then replace the whole valance or just leave it alone.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I am having a difficult time with removing the windshield wiper arms (one nut). I have heard that you need to pry them up but problem with that is that it seems to scratch the valance below it. Any ideas? Also wanting to remove the valance and spray both the wiper arms and valance with plasti dip to return them to black instead of the sun based gray marred color.

Be sure to mark the arm location on the spline, else you'll be guessing when it goes back on. Loosen the nut, rock the arm then remove nut and pull off. Spray with a short burst of liquid wrench, if you need to.

·
Registered
123 Posts

You only need to rock the arm after removing the nut to get it off. Spray some liquid wrench if it is really stuck. Yes, make sure that the arms is in fully rested position or mark the position with a marker. Have you thought about painting it with matter black instead? Once you remove it, you can take off the wiper blades and sand it lightly with 800 grit or 1000 grit sand paper and clean them off with acetone before spray paint it with matte black. A can of matte black will set you back about $6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.