Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2016 Honda Accord EX Sens
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As time goes by, wiper blade inserts get a curl along the rubber edge from laying against the windshield. Has anyone ever removed them and turned them around (remove just the inserts and put them back into the blade in the other direction) in order to use the other side? Got the idea from a website:

"Another benefit of the Rain-X-5079281-1-Latitude-Wiper-Blade is that it is reversible. You can remove the blade, turn it around and use it again on the same side of the vehicle. This gives you longer wear for your money."

Have you ever done it? I turned mine around today but won't know if it will work well until the next time I'm driving in the rain.

Yes, money is very tight.

Thanks!
Carol

·
Just here for the food
1,665 Posts
that's interesting lol. i haven't done that personally though. didn't think it was possible.. so i just replace the blades. which reminds me its about time to replace mine now lol

·
2016 Honda Accord EX Sens
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's definitely possible with the Rain X Weatherbeater wiper blades that are on my car. (These were purchased awhile ago, so the design could have changed on newer ones.) The inserts fit exactly the same when inserted from the opposite direction. The safety/security clip for the rubber insert latched onto the blade in exactly the same manner as it had when originally installed from the other end.

Carol

·
Super Moderator
4,623 Posts
After discovering that a reputable set of wiper blades go for $5 the pair on RockAuto instead of $20/ea for the same set at a parts store, I've been just buying a new set as needed.

Reactions: teezythakidd

·
Just here for the food
1,665 Posts
After discovering that a reputable set of wiper blades go for $5 the pair on RockAuto instead of $20/ea for the same set at a parts store, I've been just buying a new set as needed.
You're awesome. Thanks for mentioning RockAuto! No more spending a bunch of money on wiper blades! Albeit I still have an unused replacement pair of Bosch Evolutions I got under warranty from last year. This totally beats Amazon, as far as I'm concerned. Lol. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts