Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Accord EX-L Sedan in Obsidian Blue Pearl with about 24,000 miles. Over-all I love the car. Two questions:

1. What after-market wiper blades are recommended that will do a better job than the stuff that comes from the factory? My preference is to order something that comes in the mail and install myself if not overly complicated.

2. I have never been super satisfied with my paint job. Seems to lack the sparkle my last car had. (2010 VW Passat in Silver) I wash it at a carwash 1-2/month and then do some added detailing with Detail Spray. Even then, there are still water spots. How can I get rid of water spots and add more depth and shine to the paint?

Thanks for the suggestions!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I run OEM for three seasons and beam blades in the winter. I've liked everything I've used (especially the OEM, so wonder if there's a 7th vs 9th gen difference there), except that I did not like Bosch. If you so much as touched them while scraping off snow, they'd fall off. They wiped OK. I happened to run RainX this past winter and they were good.

More important, I think, is to not let them get too old. I go through 3 or 4 pairs per year. The OEM rubber inserts are cheap.

Not sure about the 9th gen, but on the 7th there's a little metal support halfway up the driver's side wiper arm that you have to remove to use beam blades, and then have to put back for the OEM blade.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jrock thanks for those thoughts. Just checked out those wiper blades and they look worth a try.

Any other details you can share on the clay, compounding, etc. process and products you recommend?

Suggestions from other?

Thanks!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I typically use Meguiars products. Good stuff, reasonably priced and most seem to give a good review of them.

I've recently become obsessed with detailing, and my car in general. I just ordered a flex polisher 5 minutes ago. Most of the products work fine if you use to mfg recommendations. Just steer clear of turtle wax and cheap stuff like that. I started out with turtle wax ice wax and while it gives a decent result, it doesn't last at all. You'll get what you pay for, but don't feel like you need to go bankrupt for quality compound and polish products.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Bosch Clear Advantage or Rain-X Latitude for me! I've been extremely satisfied with both. Had the Bosch blades from this past winter and they're still kicking butt for the most part, considering they went through an insane winter. Driver side blade is streaking a bit, as expected. Gonna replace them with Bosch Evolutions (got them under warranty) one of these days. I'd buy Bosch CA/Evo and/or Rain-X Latitude blades again though, for sure.

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,166 Posts
I'm currently using Rain-X! Gonna give Aquapel a shot next once the Rain-X wears out. I hear that Aquapel lasts longer but doesn't produce a finish as nice as Rain-X does.
Aquapel gives you 75% of Rain-X's performance for 10 times longer. I applied Aquapel about 2 years ago and have not needed to reapply on either of our cars yet. Both are garage at night and park outside during the day.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Aquapel gives you 75% of Rain-X's performance for 10 times longer. I applied Aquapel about 2 years ago and have not needed to reapply on either of our cars yet. Both are garage at night and park outside during the day.
Word. Once I run out of Rain-X I'm gonna go with Aquapel. I don't really rely on the water beading up period because I've always had good blades. It looked darn cool on the highway last night on my way home from Boston though lol

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
jrock thanks for those thoughts. Just checked out those wiper blades and they look worth a try.

Any other details you can share on the clay, compounding, etc. process and products you recommend?

Suggestions from other?

Thanks!
I just put the Valeo blades on my 9th gen. Just couldn't stand the OEM's anymore. About 90% improvement. You do have to adjust the wiper arms though, as they are center mounted instead of offset. It's really a shame that Honda hasn't fixed this issue as it is really unsafe with the OEM blades (in my experience...some people have not had the streaking/venturi problems)

As far as getting your paint fixed up, check out the sticky at the top of this forum. Everything yo need to know is in there. However, I would skip the total polish and seal and just use a mild polish like Megs Ultimate polish or M205. Then Wet Diamond and Crystal Seal after polishing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Following the advice of a number of you, I decided to order Rain-X Latitudes on Amazon for my Accord. I now realize I accidentally ordered Rain-X Weatherbeaters.

Should I give those a try or return for the Latitudes? Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts