Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wipers go too far across the windshield past the glass and then go completely back, slamming under the hood lip as if in the hidden "off position". It doesn't matter if they are on continuous or intermittent. Sometimes if the rain stops or just a light mist, they will make a normal stroke or two. I don't know if there is a computer chip that controls the stroke. It makes a terrible noise as it slams back down with each swipe and I'm figuring it might damage the whole mechanism .

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,609 Posts
if the blade is slamming both the A-pillar as well as the bottom cowl, it's likely that you need to take the wiper arm apart to replace the bushing. they do tend to wear out over time.

what year is your car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bushings sounds like a possibility. The confusing thing is that it will swipe in a normal path when dry, almost as if there is some type of sensor.
I'll look into the bushings idea. Thanks for the help.

·
Honda Nation
1,679 Posts
The bushings sounds like a possibility. The confusing thing is that it will swipe in a normal path when dry, almost as if there is some type of sensor.
I'll look into the bushings idea. Thanks for the help.
When the window is dry there is resistance against the mechanism and motor. This will slow the wiper movement and limit the stroke.

When it's wet the wipers will move faster and more broad strokes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts