Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can feel the scratch with my nail :-(

Any idea how to fix it? how much does it cost to be fixed in auto body shop? and will it be under warranty?:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
That picture made me fall out of my chair. :nuts:

Can't help you with your actual question, but I'd love to know more about what led to it. Were they streaking for a while? Did something get caught under the blade? I'm hoping it's not the kind of thing that just happens without any warning.

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
951 Posts
maybe its from your car lying on its roof...wtf is with that picture??
"no turn on red" lol
maybe its from ice build up

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That picture made me fall out of my chair. :nuts:

Can't help you with your actual question, but I'd love to know more about what led to it. Were they streaking for a while? Did something get caught under the blade? I'm hoping it's not the kind of thing that just happens without any warning.
maybe its from your car lying on its roof...wtf is with that picture??
"no turn on red" lol
maybe its from ice build up

I apologize for the picture. I will take a clear picture when I'm free from work.
Yes, you are right. I believe it is scratched becoz of ice. the weather is a mess in NJ here.

I just realized windshield got scratched last night after work and I can feel it with my nail.

Any idea to fix it??:dunno:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Same thing happened to my car when it was like 2 weeks old....dealership had a guy come in a buff it out for me free of charge. Looked brand new.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
I apologize for the picture. I will take a clear picture when I'm free from work.
Yes, you are right. I believe it is scratched becoz of ice. the weather is a mess in NJ here.

I just realized windshield got scratched last night after work and I can feel it with my nail.

Any idea to fix it??:dunno:
If your nail catches it as you run your finger across it, there is nothing shy of replacing it :( Sorry. Light surface scratches can be buffed out of a windshield, but not that. Its caused by a rock or something sharp getting caught under your blade as your running it. You can usually hear it scraping your windshield in the process, if you can catch it earlier next time you can prevent this. Insurance should cover it though. Honda is the only manufacturer of the windshield currently and cost $650 + install right now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your nail catches it as you run your finger across it there is nothing shy of replacing it :( Sorry. Light surface scratches can be buffed out of a windshield, but not that. Its caused by a rock or something sharp getting caught under your blade as your running it. You can usually hear it scraping your windshield in the process, if you can catch it earlier next time you can prevent this. Insurance should cover it though. Honda is the only manufacturer of the windshield currently and cost $650 + install right now.
650 + labor I'm assuming about 900$ in total. Dont feel like to replace the whole piece of the window. :dunno:
Since my insurance is with my uncle. I dont wanna affect his insurance rate.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
650 + labor I'm assuming about 900$ in total. Dont feel like to replace the whole piece of the window. :dunno:
Since my insurance is with my uncle. I dont wanna affect his insurance rate.

sorry could not do otherwise

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts