Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been wanting to use my fog lights as my drl's but I have no clue how this would be done properly. Has anyone done this or know how to do this?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Why not just turn them on when you drove with your headlights off.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Why not just turn them on when you drove with your headlights off.
Because you can't. They're wired to only turn on when the lowbeams are on. At least that's how it is from the factory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it would be nice if it was as easy as just switching it on. is there any way to make it so that you can turn them on without the low beam?

·
Registered
68 Posts
It will require some rewiring, but it can be done. The easiest way to do it is find a wiring diagram so you can find the switched power to the fog light relay. That is how they regulate the lights to only come on with the low beams. If you can find the wire that is only hot when the low beams are on and switch that wire so it has power whenever the ignition is on, then you'll be able to run the fogs any time you want.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
The fog light relay is under the hood in the front of the car on the driver side just to the right and below the level of the battery. With the hood up and the lights on and turning the fog lights on and off you will find it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts