Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Wiring Lc2i with a 4 channel amp.

14K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  NightHawk86 
#1 ·
I guys I just got into a 2015 accord sport and just like everyone that has one all agree that the sound sucks. I have searched and have not found my answer. My question is I have a mono amp and sub I want to install on my accord. I am also planning on replacing all interior speakers with components up front. I plan on amping them with a 4 channel amp this guy (clarion XC1410 d) I am planning on wiring it behind the factory radio. Now to get my output for my mono amp I plan on using an loc (lc2i). Here is my question can I wire the lc2i at the speakers in the rear which would be after the 4 channel amp or do I wire the Lc2i before the 4 channel amp on the radio?

I'm new here but not new to forums. Thanks

#3 ·
If you're going to run a mono amp and a 4 channel amp, you'd need an LC6i or an LC7i in order to sum the signals into a pseudo full range signal. The LC2i will only work for adding a sub amp. Even if you're going to add the 4 channel amp later, I would encourage you to get an LC7i so you're not limited later when you're trying to add a second amp.

#6 ·
I have a alpine pdx-1.600 mono amp that I had on my previous car. And I wanted to get a clarion xc1410d 4 ch. because of its size and good reviews to feed a set of components up front and coxial rears. The clarion has speaker inputs so I would not need a loc for it. I want to hook up my mono amp and I go back to my question can I hook up a loc to the rear speakers to get my output? The hook up though would be made before the 4ch amp. Can this work?

#7 ·
Based on what you said, I would be inclined to say that you'd still need an LOC to hook up the alpine amp and integrate it into your system since that Clarion amp doesn't have low-level inputs/outputs. Is there a particular reason you want to buy that clarion amp aside from the form factor?

#11 ·
Hey Nighthawk, I also have an LC7i laying around that I'm looking to install in my 2015 accord base model. how did you get signal into the lc7i?

Any recommendations on running the speaker wire from the amp back to the speakers in the door?

I currently have just a sub there with a crappy loc where I tapped the signal from the rear deck speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.