Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I connected my add-a-fuse kit to slot #40 which is the drivers lumbar support. I tested with the multimeter at 12v but it seems to cut off after 15-30 min. Any other ideas which slot to use that is "Always On (AO)? My hardwire kit only came with a ground wire and the red (hot), needing constant power always. any help is appreciated as I was nervous when I had the ground plugged in and it sparked a few times while I was trying to secure it to the bolt, attached to metal of course.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blendmount and a wiretap (if you have the homelink mirror) works great.
Hello Marcus

May I ask whether there are any issues or watchouts regarding the Blendmount/wiretap radar detector solution for your accord homelink mirror installation? I’m looking to do the same soon. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Reverse
135 Posts
I've heard that the blind spot monitor Honda uses for our Accords hits right in the middle of the Ka band police often use (Googling this topic mentions Acuras and Hondas as offenders). While this is a potential nuisance for other cars near or approaching us, I'm wondering if our own sensors would trigger false alarms in our cars.

I could get over the fact that other drivers may drive a little more conservatively around us if this is true, but it also means they might take their eyes off of the road to hit mute on their detectors, so... :/

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or put off buying a detector for this reason.

Thanks all.
A little late in my response I suppose. :tongue:

Honda and Acura most often broadcast in the range of 24.195 to 24.210 GHz for BSM.
That's in the upper range of K-Band which is also used by Police as well as Automatic Door openers.

It is annoying to others and occasionally mine are annoying to me as well. I was hauling a ladder in the back one day which provided the proper reflective circumstances that gave me a constant 24.204 to 24.207 signal for hundreds of miles of driving. (Luckily I was able to mute that section of frequencies and still use the detector almost normally)

It's not enough to turn off the BSM feature in your settings. The BSM modules don't shut off when you do that.
I have been planning to remove the back bumper and see if they can be unplugged without upsetting the car too much, or maybe covered. The only drawback I see to this is that I'll probably lose Cross Traffic detection. :|

What I'd really like to find is a circuit that I can tap into that only turns on the detector when the car is started manually. (I don't want my detector lighting up or making noise when I start the car remotely.) None of the fuse block circuits do that. :frown Maybe the seat belt detection circuit could do the trick.

·
Registered
32 Posts
noob question but if you have your dash cam always on, wont that drain your battery?

·
RB16P
84 Posts
For constant power you can tap into the largest wire that runs into the fuse box. Its the 12v constant for the vehicle. Must use an inline relay for safety purposes. Someone mentioned draining the battery in parking mode. If you purchased a decent Dash cam (Thinkware, Rexing, Momento) this isn't an issue because they have settings that turn off "Parking Rec Mode" when the battery drops below a certain voltage (i.e. 11.8v). I am a data engineer and work offshore for weeks at a time. I leave my dash cam running for the 2-3weeks in parking mode without any issues.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
For constant power you can tap into the largest wire that runs into the fuse box. Its the 12v constant for the vehicle. Must use an inline relay for safety purposes. Someone mentioned draining the battery in parking mode. If you purchased a decent Dash cam (Thinkware, Rexing, Momento) this isn't an issue because they have settings that turn off "Parking Rec Mode" when the battery drops below a certain voltage (i.e. 11.8v). I am a data engineer and work offshore for weeks at a time. I leave my dash cam running for the 2-3weeks in parking mode without any issues.
I have a Thinkware and a create a fuse... I have it plugged in and everything but I guess i in the wrong fuse. Because the cam turns off. It is not getting constant power. Which fuse can I use for constant power?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
RB16P
84 Posts
I have a Thinkware and a create a fuse... I have it plugged in and everything but I guess i in the wrong fuse. Because the cam turns off. It is not getting constant power. Which fuse can I use for constant power?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Did you purchase the hardwire kit from Thinkware? It should have a constant, switched, and ground wire. This will allow the dashcam to run in parking mode and continuous mode.

I don't every use a fuse for power. On this vehicle I used:

The Red wire located on the dash fuse box, in a 27 pin plug, and its pin 3 of the harness.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just installed mine... I found it much easier to use the cigarette lighter under the armrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
How is the 4k image on that BlackVue?

I got the cheapo version (DR590W) so no 4k. Image quality is rather disappointing viewing from the app...worse than my 5 yr old Lukas 7900. Not sure if opening the file on computer makes a difference.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got the cheapo version (DR590W) so no 4k. Image quality is rather disappointing viewing from the app...worse than my 5 yr old Lukas 7900. Not sure if opening the file on computer makes a difference.

What a shame. Aesthetically speaking, it's a beautiful device. However even Amazon reviews talk negatively about the 4k video quality citing it doesn't do a good job reading license plates on vehicles.

I would have bought this, hands down, otherwise.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What a shame. Aesthetically speaking, it's a beautiful device. However even Amazon reviews talk negatively about the 4k video quality citing it doesn't do a good job reading license plates on vehicles.

I would have bought this, hands down, otherwise.

So I took off the SD card and played the files on a computer, image quality is actually a lot better. Definitely some kind of compression going on through the iphone app maybe to shrink the file size.

·
Honda Parts Manager
63 Posts
Hello Marcus

May I ask whether there are any issues or watchouts regarding the Blendmount/wiretap radar detector solution for your accord homelink mirror installation? I’m looking to do the same soon. Thanks in advance for your help.
I had no issues installing my Blendmount. The fitment was absolutely perfect. I didn't use a wiretap, though, as I have the Savvy unit. Running the power cable up was easy and straightforward.

·
RB16P
84 Posts
napkins is correct. I was hesitant to buy the blendmount for my vehicle as well. I tried purchasing the cheaper version and it looked terrible lol. So I bit the bullet and purchased the blendmount. It's still not worth the $120 but it looks great. I have the Uniden R3 and did not use a wiretap either. I used the accessory wire in the ANC module that I disconnected for my amplifiers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi RB16p, thank you for your feedback. I am going to attempt to hardwire my rove 4I dash cam today, and wanted to make sure which slot I use to plug in the 12v fuse. I'm new to this and have a 2018 accord sport as well. Can you tell me exactly where I plug to get that constant power to the dash cam? I have the kit that stops the power when its using taking to much power without the car running. Just want to be safe at night as well.. thanks and looking forward to ur feedback. I'm not a car expert and all of everyone's help is much appreciated

·
RB16P
84 Posts
I did not use a specific fuse location in the vehicles fuse box. I literally used the largest red wire that runs into the fuse box. It's in a 27 pin plug and it is pin 3. Its obvious due to its size. You will need to tap into that wire and add your own in line fuse for your dash cam.

I believe a few other members just used one of the many empty fuse locations for constant power but I am not certain which ones are constant. You can easily check this with a multimeter. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did not use a specific fuse location in the vehicles fuse box. I literally used the largest red wire that runs into the fuse box. It's in a 27 pin plug and it is pin 3. Its obvious due to its size. You will need to tap into that wire and add your own in line fuse for your dash cam.

I believe a few other members just used one of the many empty fuse locations for constant power but I am not certain which ones are constant. You can easily check this with a multimeter. Hope this helps
Oh I see, yes other members are just trying empty spots. But it does makes sense to follow the thicker wires. I'll attempt this weekend and keep yall posted

Thank you. 🙏

21 - 39 of 39 Posts