Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have numerous, fairly large brown blotches on my Accord from a tree that drops these little balls about an inch in diameter. I've tried Turtle Cut-N-Shine which has so far been perfect removing sap, tar, bugs etc., WD40 and IPA to no avail. It doesn't even put a dent in this crap.

Before I consider enlisting a pro, is there anything else I can try? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Hot water and dish soap? Shark steam mop?

It depends on the nature of the stain, I've also used Colemen's camping fuel, aka naptha with good results on petroleum based stains.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off, the tree goes very soon. We're going to make it disappear. ;}

I found a solution after a little research. What worked perfectly was Downey fabric softener. Wet it, rub, wash, dry, reaply, wash, dry, wax.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
you have to buff it out. It happend to my silver accord also. Washed it, Clayed it, and yelled at it.. Nothing.. only buffing it out will work. sorry bro.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
1,015 Posts
Try EZ Off, the oven cleaner. I've heard it will take spray paint off of cars.

·
Registered
656 Posts
you have to buff it out. It happend to my silver accord also. Washed it, Clayed it, and yelled at it.. Nothing.. only buffing it out will work. sorry bro.
hahaha! :lmao:

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
GOOF OFF will more than likely remove it.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Try EZ Off, the oven cleaner. I've heard it will take spray paint off of cars.
give rubbing alcohol a try. it works wonders with tree sap but may or may not work with your situation
GOOF OFF will more than likely remove it.
OP has already found a solution that worked:

First off, the tree goes very soon. We're going to make it disappear. ;}

I found a solution after a little research. What worked perfectly was Downey fabric softener. Wet it, rub, wash, dry, reaply, wash, dry, wax.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
OP has already found a solution that worked:
Close the thread then. :dunno:

He asked for solutions, and we gave them.

The solutions we gave could probably help someone else.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Spray 9 works wonders!! any hardware store should sell it

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Spray 9 works wonders!! any hardware store should sell it
I used to see that everywhere in MD but never see it in GA. I wonder if it is a local item?

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I used to see that everywhere in MD but never see it in GA. I wonder if it is a local item?

Na i think its just a hard item to come across, i looked every where and no one had it, walmart,target,grocery stores, home depot, no one! then i checked my local hardware store and they had it. It was a mission to come across but i found it eventually

1 - 17 of 17 Posts